Velvet, Silk and Satin

"I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me."
― Sylvia Plath , The Collected Poems

Glory let out a relieved breath as she arrived at her room. Gingers company was excruciatingly suffocating.

Hands clamped around her neck and she was slammed into the wall.

Black, glittering eyes glared at her as she struggled to breath.

"Who are you?" Sarai hissed. "How do you know about her?"

Glory clawed at his fingers, trying in vain to signal the fact the she could not answer while she could not breath. 

In an act of desperation, she kicked him, hard, in the place where no shines and he let go of her with a yelp letting out a string of profanities.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Glory gasped. "My name is Velvet, I am a RainWing healer sent here by my Queen, Glory. If you know of another Velvet then I'm sure I don't know who she is."

He was breathing nearly as hard as she was. After gathering back his dignity, he stood up.

"Velvet's a strange name for a RainWing," he said.

"Sarai is a strange name for a SandWing. What does it even mean?"

He stared at her for a while, not saying anything. That was when she noticed the blood soaking his shirt.

"You're hurt!" she exclaimed, and reached towards him. He stepped out of the way with a growl.

"I just want to help you," she explained, and resisting the urge to slam her foot somewhere unpleasant again, tried once more to help him.

This time, he stayed still as she fought down her disgust and lifted his shirt to reveal several long gashes running across his chest.

Another quick glance cast over his person brought to her attention his blood coated finger tips and the skin under his nails, clearly stating that the injuries were self inflicted.

Fighting down a chill that threatened to rise up her spine, she began to clean them, and then bind them with some left over cloth.

"You did this to yourself," she noted aloud. "Why?"

"It was better," he spoke quietly, and unexpectedly. "Better than the pain underneath."

"Your heart?" she questioned. "Your heart was hurting?"

"Yes."

"Does this pain in your heart have something to do with this other Velvet?"

He stood up abruptly and slapped her hands away. "Don't mention her ever again." He hissed.

"Is she missing? Do you want to find her?"

She knew she was treading on thin ice, but the chance of getting answers was too good to give away.

"She's dead!" He whirled on her. "She's dead and we-I killed her!"

Then he was gone.

Glory let a triumphant smile spread across her face. She was getting somewhere. Then it fell. 

Dead?

Ocean Flow

Over the course of a week, Ocean Flow found many occasions to bump into Riptide, and they had begun to grow closer. He would listen as she sighed at the fact that everyone refused to accept her, and would tell her the way when she found herself "lost" by chance.