The Deal

Deathbringer

The setting sun of his fifth day upon being abducted shone with a gloomy bronze light upon a large tattered map sitting open on his desk.

Boreal had burst into his room fifteen minutes earlier, brandashing the map with haughty triumph and had presented it with a satisfied smirk as though to say "so there, never again shall you doubt the mighty powers of the IceWings."

Deathbringer had congratulated him earnestly and had unrolled it and propped it open with a few books.

"Well?" Boreal asked after a while. 

"It takes more than fifteen minutes to formulate a plan you know," Deathbringer informed him coldly.  "Especially a working one. Are you sure that this map is up to date?"

"Yes." Boreal said.

Deathbringers eyes trailed down the paper.

"First we need to make sure we know everything we want to accomplish. You're sure this person you want back is being kept in the dungeon?"

"Positive."

"Okay."

Deathbringer sighed and brushed his hair out of his face.

"Well it looks like if we want to avoid any guards we're left with only one other entrance to the dungeon, which unfortunately can only be accessed through this room here, which looks like it belongs to Ginger, so that's fabulous. The only way to get into Gingers room without causing suspicion would be to climb outside of your window, and walk along this ledge here until we reach this window, which we'll need to reach and then go up one more until we reach his window. Even if we don't die doing that, we're doomed if he's in his room at the time. Our only option would be to kill him. Hmmm, actually that might be a good aim."

Boreal's white skin had gone three shades paler the moment Deathbringer mentioned the window. 

"That's just brilliant." He muttered.

"You're scared or heights?" Deathbringer asked, amused.

"No." Boreal hissed. "They just make me feel sick and weak, that's all."

"That pretty much sums up a fear of heights."

"Shut your mouth!"

Deathbringer raised his hands. "Okay, okay. Anyway, say we do manage to get inside Gingers room, and either kill him and dispose of the body or never run into him in the first place, we'd go through this tiny trap door which would probably? Lead us to the dungeon. Then we'd find your imprisoned someone, get them out, which would  involve getting the keys before hand, then we'd go through. . . uh," Deathbringer broke off with a grimace.

"Through the what?" Boreal asked.

"Mmmm, the sewer. That should be pleasant. A small, tight, dark tunnel that will no doubt smell like hell-don't tell me you have a fear of small dark spaces too?"

The look on the IceWings face spoke for him.

"What sort of IceWing are you?" Deathbringer asked, genuinely taken aback.

"The Ice Kingdom is large and open and free. Can you really look me in the eyes and tell me that you have no fears?"

"I have fears," Deathbringer answered truthfully. 

"Whatever. How do you suggest we get the keys?"

Deathbringer's face fell back into a thoughtful frown.

"I guess that is what we'll have to figure out next-" he was broken off by the sound of shouting in the hallway.

Deathbringer and Boreal both looked at each other, then quickly rolled up the map and shoved it under Deathbringers bed before hurrying out of the room to see what the commotion was.