13 - Tater Bug Mishaps

When I wake up, Luke and I are still in his bunk. He had me close to him. I smiled kissing his cheek. People are moving around.  I started to move so I could over him and then I hear a cry scream. I quickly try to get over Luke. He wakes up asking me what's up the he probably hears the cry too. By time I'm opening the door to the front I see Tater crying on the floor holding his head. I rush to him and pick him up. I sit on the tiny couch upfront and have him on my lap. He holds me tight as he cries. I hush him and Luke is rushing into the front. Carter and James are just in a case of they don't know what to do.

"Shh Tater Bug. It's okay baby. I got you." I said holding him rocking him. He kept crying.
"What happened?" Luke asked Bo and the two guys.
"Tate hit his head tripping on his truck." Bo pointed to the truck on the ground.
"Aww. Baby hit his head. Let me see." I said in a sad tone to Tate. He kept up his sobs and sniffling as he let go of me and let me look at his head. It looked red. "Can I touch it to see if a bump is there buddy? It will hurt probably." He nodded crying biting on his fingers. I put my hand to his head and rubbed. He whined and cried. I put a sad face. "Aww baby, you're gonna have a little bump. Luke can you get me a rag and a bag of ice?" He nodded. "Here sit on my lap and lay against my chest so I can hold it for you so you're head will feel better honey." I told Tater. He did what I said sniffling.
"It huwts." He said. I kissed the back of his head.
"I know baby. It's gonna. Nikki's gonna make sure you don't get a big bump and make the hurt go away." He looked up at me red eyes and all. He took his fingers out his mouth and just kept his eyes on me. Luke handed over what I wanted. I put it on Taters head and he laid his head on my chest.
"Well at least we have a female for this. Tate seems calmer than ever before." James said.
"He would have been flailing his arms and kicking if it was me." Carter said.
"He has a special bond with her ever since that magic trick." Luke said looking over at me and smiling. I smiled. I looked down at Tate.
"Bo bear?" I asked and he looked at me.
"Can I have Tate's truck please?" He nodded and got it for me. "Thank you sweetie." He smiled at me.
"Your welcome." He stood by my legs looking at Tate and smiled to me. I handed the toy over to Tate. He held it in his hands playing with the wheels. I started to hum a tune in my head. I rock back and forth holding the bag and Tater. When I was done I looked down at Tater. The truck was just sitting on his lap. His hands were not holding it and still.
"Sleeping there Tater bug?" I asked quietly. He didn't say anything. I moved the bag and his eyes were closed. His head was resting on my chest and his mouth was slightly opened. I smiled wide. He was such a cute kid. I looked up and over to see Luke sitting with Bo who was coloring. Luke looked at me and smiled.
"Sleeping?" Luke asked and I nodded.
"Magic Mom." Carter said laughing. "Luke I don't think he listens that good to even you." Luke laughs.
"Right? What were you humming, that sounds familiar." I smiled.
"Rock of ages." Luke's eyes lit up.
"Mama would hum that to me as a baby. I thought I remembered the beginning." He smiled wide.
"My daddy told me my mama would do that with me and I would hum with her. I never forgot it."

"I'm gonna get myself dressed and Bo's gonna get dressed. When I'm done want me to take him and you'll get dressed." I shook my head.
"I'll be fine. I'll get dressed after he wakes up."

Luke just nodded and went to the back. He and Bo were back in no time. I was talking to James about guitars. We laughed a little bit. Luke and Bo came back and sat around. Bo was playing and Luke was joining in on the talk. After a little bit. Tater woke up. He said his head felt better. I got him dressed and then myself. When I went back in the front Luke was playing guitar for them. I smiled and sat at the table.

The bus got to its destination and we all walked out of the bus. The boys had a ball and were kicking it around. We told them not to run too much because we don't need them tripping and falling on assault. I stood watching them as Luke went and talked to a few people. My mind was wandering off to thinking about if we are going to sleep together again or did he just do that to be nice and hold me? I felt two arms go around me scaring me slightly.