Adjustment

My surroundings were tranquil and quite endearing. Despite loathing my current situation, I became accustomed to the whole mansion. The room I had spent endless nights staying awake, pondering over life, friends, family, and mostly how distressed I was, now became my sanctuary, where I could hide away from everything and pretend as if I was back in my childhood days, oblivious to the outside world. 

Although, tonight that usually soothing and pacific space felt different. The room was encompassed with my confounded thoughts and inquires that could not be answered. At least not yet... I had finally realised that what was deemed to happen would happen and that my distress was caused by my dissatisfaction of the current outcomes. I had to make the best out of it if I wanted to remain on my sane side. Life was unexpected and such circumstances could be a repetitive cycle with which I had to familiarise myself. It had to be destiny that put me here. I was unaware of the reason but I was determined to figure it out eventually. Why was I, in particular, the one to go after Jimin? The fact that I met him before even knowing he was my target... It couldn't be a mere coincidence. That ardour I sensed every time his eyes met mine. I wondered if he felt the same familiarity and sensation of security I did whenever his gaze landed on mine. 

Why was I feeling it though? Sure, from the first time I saw him I was attracted, but that didn't explain the fact that I felt like it wasn't our first time meeting each other. All this left me perplexed, but what happened earlier contributed to that confusion. Why did I let myself believe that he would kiss me? Why did I think it was righteous to do such a thing when it evidently wasn't? He was my enemy for God's sake! Whatever interest I had in him had to be placed in my unconscious for no one to reach, not even me. 

In addition to all that, there was another significant inquiry that had baffled my mind. Who was Eleanor??? Jungkook seemed to get disgruntled by the mention of her name. Maybe Valeriya knew since she was the one investigating him. It was time to converse with her and see where she got up to with her mission. I felt like I had to tell her about Jungkook and the supposed issue which he had with Taehyung, that I had an idea of after the dinner. I didn't see how Valeriya was in the middle of all this but she somehow was involved and she had to be aware of it. 

Jimin was asleep so it was perfect timing for my covert act. I dialled her number and prayed that she would not be dubious about the late unanimous call. I heaved a quiet sigh of relief after she had answered.

Valeriya: Hello? Who's this?

Y/N: It's me Y/N.

Valeriya: Y/N?! How did you? You're using a burner phone, aren't you? Where did you get it from?

Y/N: For God's sake will you let me answer? More questions you want to ask or am I good to talk haha?

My remark made her chuckle, something I've missed hearing so much.

Valeriya: Yeah I just wasn't expecting to hear from you...

Y/N: I know I can't believe I got away with buying it... He didn't suspect a thing but I still have to be apprehensive.

Valeriya: Y/N, don't worry because I'll find a way to help you. I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to do anything. I was trying to but nothing was working. Even Taehyung wanted to help but eventually, I told him not to bother because I doubted he could do anything against Jimin.

Y/N: That explains why he hasn't been around much.

Valeriya: He didn't want to be suspected. I've not had any contact with him since I told him not to get involved.

Y/N: It's better that he's not getting involved and you shouldn't.

Valeriya: What do you mean? I'm not leaving you in there?