CHAPTER XXXIX. Last Night Together

Lisa

I intentionally let her sleep when the clock strike 3:00 so I could arrange my surprise for her. And I succeeded, she's still sleeping peacefully at our room while I'm setting the table and chairs in the shore.

Though my surprise is just simple, I want it be special. I want it to be a night to remember.

I decorated our dinner table and also the chairs. I added a vase of flowers and other decorations. I also prepared the plates, utensils, goblets and of course the wine. 

To add more romantic ambiance, I put lights around the table. There are also candles from the door up to our table that serves as the aisle.

The bouquet of daisy that I'll give to her later is ready. 

What I'm doing right now is the final touches. In a dinner of course the most important thing is the food. That's what I'm cooking right now.

I'm cooking steak and carbonara. That's her favorite. I hope she'll like it. 

Honestly, my heart feels so heavy while doing all this knowing that it'll be the last. While I was preparing this special surprise, I was crying.

I want to make more surprises.

I want to date her everyday. 

I want to have movie marathons with her everyday. 

I want to take her to her more to amusement parks. 

I want to take her to McDonald's more.

I want to sleep and wake up beside her everyday.

I want to see her smile always.

I want to her her laughter everyday.

I want to treat her my queen each day.

I want to hug her more.

I want to kiss her more.

I want to make love to her more.

I want to love her and be with her for the rest of my life.

But all those are not gonna happen because this beautiful dream is ending soon as I wake up with the reality.

I'm not the one for her. Maybe God just gave her to me temporarily so I could experience what loving feels like.

Gosh, it hurts a lot. Can I just stop the time from her so I could live this day over and over again without breaking my promise to give her back on the tenth day?

Lord, why does this have to happen to me?

I wiped my tears and continued what I was doing. When the foods we're cooked I brought it to the table.

I finished preparing everything by 7:00. Just in time, it's already dark outside but the moon and stars are shining brightly. 

I lighted the table an fired up all my candle.

It looks simple but beautiful. It's so romantic, I hope she'll think likewise. 

I fixed myself. I have to look good in her eyes later. I smiled at the mirror. I have to be strong. I must not cry in front of her or it'll ruin the beautiful moment.

________

"Nini, baby wake up it's dinner time," I said while shaking her shoulder lightly.

A few moments later, she finally opened her eyes. She kissed my lips as soon as she saw me.

What a sweet girl. I'll sure miss her being like this.

Because she's being lazy everytime she wake up, I had to carry her out of the bed. She'll always be my baby.