01|Bite

Ava Dunbar was happy to be at her new school, Beacon Hills high school. She recently transferred from Devenford Prep. Ava hated the place and the people in it so she was glad when she finally got kicked out, despite the circumstances.

All her life Ava has loved to play lacrosse. She is ready to try out for the team at her new school and hopefully there will be no problems like what happened at Devenford Prep. Ava's mother and step father have always encouraged her love of the sport even though she's a girl and a lot of people dismiss the fact that she's good at the sport. Lacrosse was one of the only things that helped Ava release her stress or anger, especially anger. Ava gets angry easy, after the problems in her old school Ava was sent for a psychological evaluation, and she found out she had Intermittent Explosive Disorder.

•••

Ava was on the field at Beacon Hills high school in her lacrosse gear and she was in the goal as Garrett and another player tried to score against her but she caught every shot. The two boys stopped and looked at Ava with impressed eyes as she took off her helmet.

"Nice, Ava." Garret said and walked over to her. "You might just be our first ever female freshman captain."

Ava chuckled and thanked the two boys who trained with her.

Ava went to one of the girls changing rooms to change out of her sweaty lacrosse uniform. Ava looked in the mirror and plaited her hair so it flowed down her back.

When she was happy with her appearance she left the changing room but she was instantly stopped by two boys stood outside the door who came to stand in front of her and block her path.

Ava looked at them and went to step around them but they didn't move, they just stared at her.

"Hey, Ava." The boy on the left in the checkered shirt said quite harshly. "You want to explain what that was out there?"

"What do you mean?" Ava asked in confusion looking between the two older boys.

"That little display. Your little circus act."

"What circus act?" Ava grinned.

"You caught every shot." The boy said with wild hand movements.

"I was in goal." Ava said slowly as if she was speaking to a child.

"Yeah, but nothing, not a single shot got past you." He said pointing in her face.

"Yeah, I was the goalie." Ava snapped. She was starting to think there was something seriously wrong with this guy.

"You guys played this game before?" She asks looking between the two.

"You're a freshman, right?" The other boy said and Ava turned to look at him and away from the crazy boy.

"Yeah."

"But you weren't here last semester." Crazy boy said.

"I transferred from Devenford Prep."

"You transferred?" The other boy asks.

"Yeah." Ava said confused.

"No, you got kicked out, didn't you?"

Ava felt her heart drop in her chest and she felt uncomfortable around these boys. "Alright, look, kicked out, transferred, what do you guys care? I came here to play lacrosse." Ava said trying not to show them she was uncomfortable.

When Ava feels uncomfortable it tends to turn into anger as that's the only emotion she really understands.

"The team could use a few good players, right?" She asked them.