44|Mrs Finch

Ava, Theo and Scott met up with Mason at the animal clinic to listen to the message on the phone that Malia found.

"Hey, it's me again. I, uh, don't know why you can't seem to call me back. Maybe it's because you think you're punishing me. But this is too long. It's too much. And it's not about us. Something's happening in Beacon Hills, to the people here. I just... I just need to know everyone there with you is okay, so can you just, please, call me, please? One call, that's all I'm asking for, and if you can't call me back, then... I'm going to get my answer, anyway. That means I'm coming up there myself. If I don't get a call from you, I'm coming up there. So just try, try to remember, it's my pack, too."

"You pulled this off one of the bodies in the woods?" Theo asked when the voice message finished.

"Malia did." Ava said.

"Yeah, there were six dead bodies, and one of them had no face." Scott said.

"Okay, so the one with no face, you think that's the woman on the phone?" Theo asked.

"Maybe." Scott said.

"It's the same thing that happened to Aaron." Mason said. "It took over his body, basically stole his face and his DNA. So that means whoever this woman is, she could be the other half of the Anukite."

"Which means she's just half of the problem." Theo said. "The other half we already know about, Aaron."

"We don't know where he is, though." Ava reminded him.

"Okay, hold on." Theo said bluntly. "Aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart? If we know about one half, let's just go for that one, that's Aaron."

"I'm not agreeing with Theo, but I do think it'd be easier to track down Aaron over a voice on a phone." Mason pointed out.

"That's agreeing with Theo." Ava told her best friend.

"Yeah." Mason sighed. "But I thought I'd try to soften the blow a bit."

"Is everyone completely shocked that I might be right?" Theo asked appalled.

"No, we just don't like it." Ava said smirking at him playfully.

"Maybe we're all right, maybe we should be looking for both, Aaron and the woman on the phone." Scott said thoughtfully then looked between Mason and Theo. "I mean, since you guys agree..."

"Wait, you mean, me and..." Mason started.

"Him?" Theo asked disbelievingly.

"Yeah. You two find Aaron." Scott told them. "Ava and I will try to figure out whose voice is on the phone."

"If we find either half, maybe we don't have to fight at all." Ava said hopefully. "Stop the Anukite..."

"Stop the war." Scott finished.

Ava and Scott were just stood staring at the phone, trying to get an idea of who it could be. Ava started spinning the phone around on the operating table in boredom but Scott quickly slammed his hand on the phone to stop its spinning.

Ava picked the phone up and started ringing the number the voicemail was from but Scott snatched it from her hand.

"Do you even know what you're gonna say?" Scott asked her.

"Hello?" Ava suggested.

"We might only get one shot at this." Scott told her. "What are you gonna tell her?"

"I'm gonna try to get her to meet us somewhere." Ava said.

"Maybe that might not be the best idea." Scott said gently.