22|Rescuing Lydia Part Two

"Does anyone have eyes on the Closed Unit? I need a status report." Scott said into one of the walkie-talkies he took from an unconscious guard.

"It's a war zone down here." The guard on the other line said back.

"Uh... 10-4." Scott said. "And what about the patients? Lydia Martin?"

"Who is this?"

"It's... Unit Nine." Scott said awkwardly.

"There is no Unit Nine. Who is this? How did yo-"

Scott crushed the walkie-talkie in his hand and dropped it to the ground.

"All right. We need to figure out another way to get into this Closed Unit." Scott said.

"How do we get through the mountain ash?" Ava asked him.

"I don't know yet." Scott muttered. "But there's somebody else here that might be able to help us."

"Who?" Ava asked curiously.

"Meredith." Scott said.

Ava and Scott made their way down to Meredith's cell and quietly snuck in. Meredith's back was facing them as they entered and she was like a statue.

"Meredith?" Scott called as Ava shut the door. "Meredith? It's Scott. Scott McCall."

Scott reached out and grabbed the chair Meredith was sat on and spun it around. Meredith was in a vegetative state just staring blankly ahead of her.

•••

Theo was running after Stiles trying to work together so they could get Lydia out.

"Stiles." Theo shouted and Stiles stopped running momentarily. "I want her out of here, too. I've got her scent."

"What do you want?" Stiles asked.

"What's the difference?" Theo asked.

"Huh." Stiles scoffed.

"I can find her. You can't." Theo said.

Theo and Stiles's attention was averted to the steam coming from one of the small windows. They went into the bathroom of Eichen and immediately all the unstable men inside cowered.

Theo and Stiles approached one boy who immediately moved from where he was cowering and revealed a secret passageway with a ladder leading downwards. This was obviously the way Valack escaped with Lydia.

"It leads to the tunnels, doesn't it?" Theo asked.

"There's miles of them." Stiles said. "They could be anywhere by now."

•••

"Hey. Meredith, can you hear me?" Scott asked as he held the banshees hand. "We need your help. We're trying to find Lydia. We're trying to get her out of here."

"Scott, I think we better go." Ava said looking out the door cautiously.

"Meredith, listen." Scott said. "There has to be another way to get to Lydia. We can't get past the mountain ash. How do we find her?"

"Scott..." Ava said nervously looking at the poor girl.

Scott sighed and went to stand up from where he was crouched next to Meredith, but the banshee gripped his hand quickly without saying a word. Meredith pulled Scott's hand towards the back of her neck and both werewolves realised what she was implying for Scott to do.

"I could hurt you." Scott said worriedly.

"Okay." Scott said after a moment and he closed his eyes and sunk his claws into Meredith's neck.