42|Abandoned Zoo

Theo was driving Ava to the zoo where they would wait for Mason to bring the supplies. Scott, Lydia and Malia were with Chris spying on some other hunters.

Ava rang Mason to see if Nolan took the bait.

"Did it work?" She asked.

"Yep. Nolan's right behind me. Like, literally right behind me. He's driving a bright red car. He's actually terrible at this." Mason chuckled.

"Okay. Just be careful." Ava told him.

"Okay." Mason said then ended the call.

"We're nearly there." Theo told her.

Ava nodded. "Okay."

They parked outside the zoo and as they got out the car, Mason was just pulling up behind them.

"Hey. How close is he?" Ava asked and leaned on Mason's open window.

"He's back down the road. Don't look." Mason said.

Theo went and opened the trunk and pulled the sleeping bags out.

"Should I come with you guys?" Mason asked excitedly.

"His friends shoot to kill." Theo said as he came to stand by Ava and looked at Mason up and down pointedly. "Go home."

"Okay." Mason sighed. "Yeah, Lydia would kill me if anything happened to her car anyways, so..."

"Don't worry about it." Ava told him. "Nolan's gonna do the rest."

Ava went around to the back of the car and grabbed more of the sleeping bags.

Ava and Theo were hiding in the zoo and they saw Nolan pull up and then he was joined by only two other men.

Ava and Theo were listening in as Nolan sound worried when only two others joined him. He tried to tell them that all Scott's pack was here but the men didn't seem to believe him.

"It's not just a pack, okay?" Nolan said. "There's an Alpha and a Banshee. They're all here."

"I don't see anyone." The one man said.

"I don't see any of them." The other said.

"I... I saw Theo and Ava bringing a car full of food and supplies right here." Nolan stammered. "There were at least six sleeping bags, okay? They're here, they're all here!"

Ava was peaking down at Nolan but staying hidden from their sight. She and Theo were crouched down by the stone wall.

"It's just Nolan and two other guys." Ava told Theo. "This isn't gonna work."

"Where's the backup?" Theo asked. "I mean, shouldn't there be, like, 20 of them?"

"I mean, they only saw us, and they're not gonna believe Nolan." Ava sighed.

"Okay. Then they have to believe us. Isn't that right?" Theo said and the last part he shouted loudly.

"Why are you yelling?" Ava whispered as she turned to face him.

"You got a problem?" Theo shouted. "Oh, that's right, you always have a problem."

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked softly.

"Shut up!" Theo screamed at her.

She looked at him confused and he smirked then punched her in the face.

Ava held her nose and stood up and faced him as he stood up too.

"Yeah, you see that, Scott?" Theo shouted. "Your little Beta can't even take a punch. And what do you think, Malia? What, you think she can take me?"