32|Trapped

Malia was on Theo, pinning him down on the ground and rapidly punching him in the face.

"It's okay, you don't have to stop." Theo said quietly after she paused for a minute.

Malia flicked her claws out and held them above him threateningly. "Trust me, I won't."

That's when Ava and Scott jumped in, they each grabbed an arm and pulled her off of him.

"Malia, enough!" Scott demanded.

"Hey." Scott said more gently as they dragged her across the room. Malia growled angrily.

"Slow down, okay?" Scott told her. "He's going back in the ground."

"You can't." Ava said quickly and Scott looked at her confused. "He remembers Stiles."

"Scott remembers Stiles. Lydia and I remember Stiles." Malia snarled.

"The Dread Doctors knew all about the Wild Hunt." Ava said. "He can help us."

"Or he could kill us." Scott said.

"He's my responsibility." Ava said and Scott's eyebrows raised. "Noshiko gave me the sword."

"It's so awkward when mom and dad fight." Theo scoffed as he pulled himself to lean against the kitchen counter.

"Shut up!" Ava and Scott shouted at him.

"You both are right." Hayden pointed out. "If Theo tries anything, we'll send him back to the Skinwalkers. But for right now..."

"He goes back now." Scott interrupted.

"Except Ava's the one with the sword." Theo pointed out desperately.

"Shut up!" Ava, Scott, Hayden and Malia shouted.

Scott grabbed Ava's wrist gently and pulled her into the living room to talk in private.

"What, you don't trust me?" Ava asked.

"I don't trust him. Do you?" Scott asked her disbelievingly.

"No." Ava scoffed. "But I think we can use him."

"Remember who he is. He kidnapped you after he got in your head to manipulate you and then you tried to kill me." Scott said sternly. "And when that didn't work, he did kill me. And Tracy, and Josh, and his sister."

"But this might be our only chance to get Stiles back." Ava said.

"Can't we just try to find somebody that we at least trust?" Scott asked her.

"This might be a mistake." Ava admitted. "But you don't know that yet. And you made mistakes when you were learning to be an Alpha."

"Yeah, I made a lot." Scott grinned but then turned serious. "But we don't have time for mistakes. I can't lose Stiles."

"So we should try anything we can to save him." Ava said pointedly. "Right? Even Theo."

"Convince me." Scott relented.

"I can put you back in the ground anytime." Ava told Theo when they went back in the kitchen.

"You also need a transformer that can handle five billion joules of electricity." Theo told her. "I know where to find one and I can show you how it works. I'll tell you if Malia promises not to kill me."

"She promises." Ava said for her friend.

"No, I don't." Malia spat. "We're really gonna do this? Trust him?"

"You got a better idea?" Hayden asked Malia.

"I've got an idea. It may not be better. But at least it's not him." Malia said harshly then left the house.