46|War

Theo Raeken didn't plan to take part in the all out war between the humans and the supernatural, but when Scott called and said Ava was in trouble he didn't have much choice.

After he stormed out of Ava's house in a fit of anger, he began driving around for a while deciding what he was going to do next. He'd screamed at Ava telling her that he wouldn't come running when was in trouble, but he knew that obviously wasn't true and he was lying to himself.

Theo was driving away from Beacon Hills for good when his phone rang. He looked at his phone and saw who was calling.

"Scott." Theo said after he accepted the call.

"Are you with Ava?" Scott asked hopefully.

"No. She went to meet Nolan." Theo said bitterly.

"She's at the hospital. Where are you?" Scott asked.

"I'm leaving. Which is what we all should have done." Theo said but he'd turned the car around without really noticing and started heading in the direction towards the hospital.

"Can you go to help her? We're figuring out how to stop the Anukite. And then we can stop the hunters." Scott said. "I don't know how many hunters are there and the service is blocked at the hospital, so-"

"I'm on the way." Theo sighed, interrupting Scott.

"Thanks. Just buy us more time. Wherever Ava is get her out of there." Scott said desperately.

"Am I buying you time to come up with a plan or to get help?" Theo asked.

"Both." Scott said then paused for a while as though he was deciding whether he should say whatever it was he was thinking. Theo was about to hang up when Scott spoke again. "Listen, I don't know why, but for some reason Ava seems to care about you even after everything you've done, I know she may not show it but you've somehow got through to her... so just don't screw that up."

Scott hung up after that and Theo began thinking about what he said and driving faster to the hospital. Theo got there pretty quickly and he snuck in through the back door after making sure nobody was around to see him.

He listened out for Ava's voice or heartbeat or any sign of where she was. He focused his hearing some more and finally picked up on her heartbeat. He got in the elevator and headed up some floors of the hospital.

"Wait. Let me do it."

He heard Gabe's voice and the jump of Ava's heartbeat and knew he was on the right floor so he pressed the button to stop the elevator and wait for the right moment.

"Go ahead, Ava. Run. It'll be more fun that way."

Theo could sense the smirk on Gabe's face without having to see him.

Ava's footsteps were getting closer so Theo pressed the elevator button to open the doors and he grabbed her quickly and pulled her inside with him pushing her against the wall, using his body to cover her protectively whilst the hunters were shooting in their direction. The doors closed beside them and the bullets clattered against the metal barrier that was protecting Ava and Theo.

•••

Ava was still in the intensive care unit but she couldn't get any service on her phone to call Mason or anyone else so she was starting to panic.

Ava heard one of the people in the beds sit up and she turned around to see one of them pointing a gun at her. They started firing but Ava quickly dodged the bullets and got close to them and she dragged them from the bed and threw them out the doors. Ava stepped out the doors and looked down at the man when she heard a voice.