35|Merging Worlds

Ava left the elevator and walked through the deserted hospital. As she came to the end of one corridor she heard an incessant tapping. She looked up and saw a train schedule on the wall. Beacon Hills appeared at the top of the list.

Ava ran from the hospital and noticed train tracks were covering Beacon Hills. She managed to avoid any Ghost Riders and she got to the bunker in the tunnels, hoping that Scott or Lydia or Malia were there and that they he hadn't been taken.

She saw the door about to be closed to the bunker but she got there on time and held it open.

Scott turned and saw her and his expression changed to relief.

"Ava." He gasped and wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace.

"There's something you need to see." Ava said and quickly hugged him back and smiled at Lydia and Malia over his shoulder.

"You're still here." He said sounding like he didn't believe she was really there.

"But everyone else is gone." She said. "All of them. They're all gone. Look, you have to come with me."

"What is it?" Scott asked.

"I-I can't explain it." She stuttered. "I have to show you."

"Uh, all right. You guys stay here. Just in case." Scott said to the other two girls.

"In case Stiles comes back?" Malia asked.

"If there's any hope, you need to keep trying." Scott told them and shut them in the bunker.

"Mason? Hayden?" Scott asked her as they were running.

"They're gone." Ava said.

"How did you manage to escape?" He asked.

"Surprisingly, Theo kind of saved me." She said sheepishly.

Ava and Scott got back to the hospital and the corridor Ava was looking at before was now literally a train track.

"This is happening everywhere?" Scott asked.

"Here, the school, lacrosse field." Ava said.

"What does this mean?" Scott asked.

"It means..." Douglas said from behind them. "It's working."

Douglas growled at them and his eyes were glowing green.

"He can't take both of us?" Ava asked unsure.

"No way." Scott said confidently.

"Hollenhund." Douglas said.

Ava and Scott heard growling behind them and they turned and saw Parrish.

"Parrish. Parrish, you don't wanna do this. Stop!" Scott shouted.

"The train is coming, kids." Douglas said and began stepping towards them. "There's no stopping the Wild Hunt. You'll make a fine Ghost Rider, Scott. And I'll have a true Alpha by my side."

"Parrish! Stop!" Scott shouted.

"And then a Banshee, a werecoyote..." Douglas bragged.

"A Stiles." Stiles's voice announced as a distraction.

"A what?" Douglas asked.

Stiles appeared from beside Douglas and he hit him over the back of the head with his baseball bat knocking him down.

"Bad guy, right? I didn't misread that?" Stiles asked.

"Oh, god!" Stiles exclaimed when Douglas groaned and ran out the way.