Chapter 22: Fan Encounters and Comfort

At the Wrong Time

Chapter 22

-Claire's POV-

The fire had been put out and the tour buses already on the way over to the stadium where the boys would be performing in less than an hour, which left very little time for sound checks and all the other crazy jazz that that went on backstage. The girls and I stood up as the 1D boys were rushed out of the prep room and into the corridor towards the stage. The girls smiled at the boys as they began to walk out and soon joined them after just being able to sit down and catch their breath after the 5SOS opened. I watched as slowly everyone filed out of the room except for Louis who dwindled at the doorway as I walked over to join him.

"Aren't you going to wish me good luck?" He whispered pressing his lips against my earlobe making the familiar swarm of butterflies return back to my stomach. I raised one eyebrow at him in as he pulled away, earning a sad, puppy dog face.

"Not in front of everyone else, remember discrete," I said leaning in and whispering, but I couldn't help but look around to make sure no one was looking at us.

"I didn't mean full on snogging me!" He said in a ridiculous voice causing me to start laughing and everyone else to turn around which caused Louis to start laughing as well.

When everyone slowly went back to their conversation after giving us weird, curious looks, I turned my head and lent closer into chest, "You'll have to wait til after the show for that," I pulled back to my normal walking position and nearly face palmed myself, what had gotten into me.

"Will I now?" Said Louis cheekily looking down at me with a smile on his face, I started laughing again, causing everyone again to look at us wondering what on earth was so funny.

The show went on as usual with very few dramas happening, however Louise disappeared halfway through the show, probably to go and flirt with one of assistants, probably because Ash wasn't giving her 'enough' attention, that girl was really pushing her limits with this relationship. I tried to shake of the feeling considering what was going on between me and Louis.

Although what was going on between us, I mean yes we kissed twice so there was definitely something there but I wasn't sure if I was ready to get into something committed but I was afraid that if I waited too long that I would lose him for good.

"He hasn't taken his eyes off you," said a voice snapping me out of my thoughts, I whipped around, Louise. She was standing there with her arms crossed over her body looking like she thought she was the smartest mother fucker on all of earth. I looked at her confused before looking back at the stage noticing Louis who was currently looking over at where we were standing, he looked away quickly before looking back at me with a sheepish grin on his face, I rolled eyes before I pretended to faint at the fact that Louis Tomlinson looked at me.

When I looked back at him he was laughing so much he almost missed his solo. "You know," said Louise again right next to my ear causing me to nearly jump out of my skin, "If I didn't know any better I'd say there was something going on between you two," I froze and snapped around to look at her. She had the same smug look on her face, I looked her up and down for a moment, panicking trying to think of a response, "We only just met a month ago no one could even begin to think of a serious relationship after that short period of time!"

She looked me up and down suspiciously, just as I had her, before replying "Although the ironic thing is that's exactly what you've done before," She said sassily putting a hand on her hip and looking ne directly in the eyes. I felt guilt and realisation wash over my body, she was right that's exactly what I had done, not to Louis. But with Ashton. I looked at the ground as the guilt began to out way the realisation before I looked at the stage to where Louis quickly stole a concerned glance my way, before mouthing 'You okay?' I felt my throat tighten as I looked back down at the ground before I stuffed my hands into my pockets and began to walk back over to the prep room. I heard someone call out my name, but I didn't make any effort to give it any recognition.