kaminari denki | ☁

prompt: a little prank turns into an exercise on how to be a proper food thief.
category: fluff
character: number 1 simp
word count: 749

IT HAD STARTED OUT as a harmless prank, but soon elevated to much more. Y/n could be baking and Kaminari would slyly lick the batter-covered spoon, leading to Iida yelling to him about the dangers and risks of salmonella; in which Denki would just say 'YOLO'. And today was like any other day.

Y/n whined as Kaminari slyly grabbed a grape from her bowl, "Denki!" He merely smiled back at her, winking before snapping at her with both hands. Jirō walked in, eating a cookie as she watched the two interact. "That's such chaotic bisexual energy," She shook her head, forcing Y/n to scooch as she plopped beside the girl.

Denki popped his head out of the kitchen, now munching on a baby carrot. "You didn't have to out me like that!" Jirō rolled her eyes at his response, taking another bite of her cookie. She cast a glance at her best friend's odd position, her knees and chest keeping the bowl of grapes in place as she curled her arms around it. 

"How long has this been going on for?"

"Four months,"

"And you two still haven't confessed?" Jirō snorted, stealing a grape.

Y/n pouted, swatting her friend's arm, but it seemed to be more of the 'crush' thing rather than the grapes. "Shush! He's right there, Kyōka!" Kyōka's wires wriggled at the touch, swaying around as she shook her head. "Denki's too stupid to pay attention, Y/n," Just as she said that, she pointed a finger at the said boy that stood in the kitchen.

As if proving her point, Denki was busy trying to toss a baby carrot into Kirishima's mouth. Y/n sighed and curled up further, picking up a grape with her lips before chewing on it. "How do you even know he likes me back?" Jirō stared at her best friend as if she was stupid, which she was. "Bro, he literally looks at you all the time; you're just dumb."

Y/n whined, but her heart pitter-pattered at the statement, her hope growing as she cast a glance to her giddy classmate who clapped and cheered with Kirishima when they'd finally managed to do the trick.

Days later, they were in the cafeteria at Yuuei. Y/n sat with her own bento, not in the mood to eat Lunch Rush's food. "So, my foot's totally stuck in there, right? I'm freaking out, the dog's having a seizure, and I still got half a pie left—" Mina's chaotic story was cut off by a complaint, Denki snagging Y/n's onigiri right from her hands.

Mina glanced at Kyōka before looking at the bickering pair, "They still haven't confessed, huh?"

"Nope," Kyōka popped, opening her soda can.

The conversation had started as quick as it ended, the days passing by. Stealing food became an almost hourly thing. Sometimes it was snatching an ice cream cone, a strawberry, and at one point, it was a piece of broccoli. That day, Denki hadn't been paying much attention when his hand had instinctively swiped her food and taken a bite of it.

The week passed as it always had, filled with arguments, stolen food, and criticisms about their tastes. Now, it was Sunday and everyone was chilling in Heights Alliance. "Yo, Y/n!" Kirishima waved, coming back from his run as he walked into the kitchen to refill his water bottle. She waved at him lazily, shoving a bit of pocky into her mouth.

Denki strolled into the kitchen minutes later, interrupting her conversation with Kirishima as he moved his hand. His brows furrowed when he hit nothing but air, turning his head to glance at Y/n. The girl had hastily shoved the piece of pocky into her mouth, smiling triumphantly. Denki's mind clicked and he grabbed her cheeks, pulling her face towards his.

He sneakily bit the other end of the pocky, grinning at her as her face turned into a bright shade of red. Kirishima was laughing his ass off, watching with wide eyes as his friend blatantly flirted with his crush. Denki pulled back, still munching on the piece of pocky as his eyes widened as if finally registering what he'd just done. 

"Denki—" She started.

"I—" Kirishima howled, keeling over.

His cheeks grew warm as he stared at her, "Why don't you save us both the embarrassment and go out with me later this week?"