bakugo katsuki | ⛈

prompt: society crafts the best monsters and then expects them to beg for forgiveness from the same people that ruined them.
category: angst
character: bakuhoe thotsuki
word count: 563
song: dead girl walking (reprise) by heathers: the musical

HER EYES WERE WIDE with fear, her hands shaking as she stared up at the male that she used to look up to. His courage, recklessness, impulsiveness, it was so admirable but now it was anything but; it was terrifying, nauseating, and traumatic to watch. He was breaking down the very parts that he'd created, exploding everything.

I wish your mom had been a little stronger

He'd always been like this since he lost his parents to villain attacks. Everything had come tumbling down for him after he was kidnapped in the training camp during their first year. Now, they were finally delved into their pro-hero careers and Y/n wasn't sure if what she was seeing was human anymore.

I wish she stayed around a little longer

The big grin that inched up his lips, his hands curling around yet another person's face, the challenging stares that he gave his future victims; everything seemed so monstrous. Gulping her anxiety, she shakily stood up. "Katsuki, that's enough," Her hands shook more, watching as he grabbed someone else by the head and exploded their face, blood leaking from their wounds.

I wish your dad were good

His dad hadn't faired off as well either. Instead, he told Bakugo to be careful when crossing the street, be careful about who you talk to, about what you do, about everything. He had infused his son with endless paranoia after he was kidnapped, leaving Katsuki to never get the comfort he needed after such a traumatic event.

I wish grown-ups understood

The HPSC had completely destroyed him. They'd convinced him that his quirk left him invincible, leaving him to a society that molded him into a weapon. There was no Bakugo Katsuki. There was just 'quirk: explosion'. He never had a childhood albeit the fruitless attempts by Midoriya, Todoroki, and Uraraka.

I wish we met before they convinced you life is war

However, he lacked one thing.

He lacked the heroic expression that any pro-hero always had; the joy of being able to save another life or the devastation of being unable to rescue a lost soul. No, there was only bloodlust. So, she watched him helplessly, hands gripping the ground as a desperate substitution for stability as he blasted away another villain.

I wish you'd come with me—

The big grin that inched up his lips, his hands curling around yet another person's face, the challenging stares that he gave his future victims; everything seemed so monstrous. Gulping her anxiety, she shakily stood up. "Katsuki, that's enough," Her hands shook more, watching as he grabbed someone else by the head and exploded their face, blood leaking from their wounds.

I wish I had more TNT!

Her heart dropped, however, watching him reach for someone else's neck with a quick swipe. Chillingly, Bakugo smiled, grinning down at the man like a predator to prey. Another explosion rang out, making her scream as she watched the male fall slack, heavy amounts of blood pouring out of his wounds as his chest caved in.

And it was then that Y/n realized: there was no saving him now.

this is kinda a vent chapter lol.