DANGEROUS LIAISONS

"How's Mr. Saltzman?" Matt asks as Elena and Nat walk up to him. They were in the hospital checking on Ric. After tonight's events, they brought him here to get himself checked and for him to rest. Matt came with them, wanting to make sure everything turned out fine.

"Resigned to spending the night in observation, so long as we promise to change the lock on the house." Nat says and chuckles at the last part. They start walking to the exit as they make small talk.

"So I talked to Bonnie earlier. She and her mom are fine. Have you talked to Caroline?" Elena asked Mat and he nodded.

"Yeah, she's holding it together, considering how close she and her dad used to be." He says. "Any word on who's behind these attacks?" He asks them worriedly.

"No, Sheriff Forbes said there's no real suspects at all." Elena said as they arrived at the parking lot.

"How are you dealing with everything?" Nat asked Matt. "I mean, you keep getting dragged into all of this." He laughed quietly and shrugged.

"Honestly... I'm kind of lucky. The only thing that I have to worry about for tomorrow is showing up for my shift at the Grill." He answered and Nat smiled at him. He was right. In the midst of all of this, he was lucky to be able to lead a semi normal life that didn't involve hybrids, vampires, werewolves, witches and weird curses.

"Thank you, for everything today. Really." Elena told him.

"Get home safe." He told them.

"Thanks." He nodded and walked to his car, getting inside quickly. Nat got in the passenger's seat of their car while Elena got inside the driver's seat. Matt's car reversed out and they waved at him as he drove away. Elena looked in the mirror once before reversing the car, but suddenly hit something. She stopped the car and looked at Nat scared. "What?" She asked as they both got out and rushed to check the bumper, but found nothing there. They exchanged glances before turning around to get inside again, but all of a sudden, Rebekah appeared in front of Elena.

"Drive much?" She coldly said and Elena gasped in shock.

"Rebekah." She realized and Nat walked cautiously to them but got startled when the blonde grabbed her sister by her neck and pushed her against the car.

"Surprised? You drove a dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt." She sneered before leaning forward to bite her, making Elena scream in fear. Before Nat could do anything, Elijah rushed over and pushed Rebekah off of Elena, holding her against the car by her throat. "Elijah." She realizes.

"Leave." He tells her curtly before releasing her from his grip. She steps forward and stares at him. "Are you challenging me?" He asks, tilting his head to the side slightly.

"You're pathetic. Both of you." She scowls at Elena and Elijah before turning to Nat. "Always good to see you, Talia." She says and Nat smiles at her before she disappears. Elijah then turns around and looks at both girls.

"Well... I believe we have a little catching up to do." He tells them and they sigh, nodding after.