A Potent Potion

Friendship: Tia Dalma and Jack Sparrow
Disk: Mystic Mixture
Disk Function: Charm Damages
Secondary Heroes: Zurg, Jessie, Barbossa

Pre-Campaign:
Jack Sparrow: Tell me, Tia Dalma, do your mystic-like senses have any inclination as to why we find ourselves on these strange shores?
Tia Dalma: Aye, Jack. Tis a touch of destiny.
Jack Sparrow: Well, that's certainly vague and unhelpful.
Tia Dalma: Perhaps...or not.

Bonus Dialogue:
Tia Dalma: So, Jack. I wonder, has your compass been pointin' true since you got here?
Jack Sparrow: It's hard to tell. Every day, it just takes me further and farther out to sea.
Tia Dalma: Aye, and closer to the horizon. Methinks it be workin' just fine.

Episode 1: Task For A Sparrow
Jack Sparrow receives a mysterious letter that tells him to meet "where da sea meets da skies."

Jack doesn't know who it's from, but he heads to the Horizons restaurant in Sunset Bay anyhow.

As poor luck would have it, he's attacked by Creeps just outside the entrance.

Jack gets out his pistol to shoot, but finds he's out of ammunition.

Suddenly, Jack sees a spectral skull appear from nowhere and consume his enemies. Tia Dalma appears.

Tia Dalma: Hello, Witty Jack. Y've earned that nickname after all, it seems.
Jack Sparrow: It wasn't especially hard to figure out your note. "Where the sea meets the sky," obviously, that's the horizon. Any fool would know that.
Tia Dalma: Aye, but a fool isn't the man who knows what him don't know. A fool is the man who THINKS he knows what him don't.
Jack Sparrow: Very wise. But tell me—why did you ask me here? I doubt it was to riddle me with riddles.
Tia Dalma: No, sadly not. I've a favor to ask of ya, Jack. I need ya to collect things from our enemies, so that I can learn their weaknesses.

Episode 2: Errant Errand Pirate
Jack Sparrow's first task is to collect a robe from a Mage.

Collecting the robe turns out to be more of a challenge than Jack originally anticipated, since a Mage's robe derezzes with the Mage.

Tia Dalma solves the problem by creating a terrible storm.

While the Mage is distracted, Jack is able to take its cloak.

The Mage dissipates into nothing, leaving only purple magic energy.

Jack Sparrow: Was that enough? I'd very much like to wash my hands of this particular brand of weirdness.
Tia Dalma: Not yet, Witty Jack. Next, I need the blade of a warrior from the East.
Jack Sparrow: It's a pity I don't know how to get to Singapore from here.

Episode 3: Silent, But Deadly
Jack Sparrow tries to relieve a Ninja of its sword in battle.

When Jack almost loses a hand to the Ninja, Tia Dalma summons a thick fog.

Having sailed through many a fog, Jack is able to navigate much better than the Ninja.

Eventually, the Ninja strikes where it thinks Jack will be, only to get its sword stuck in a barrel.

Jack attacks from behind and defeats the Ninja, securing the blade.

Jack Sparrow: So...is this blade some sort of magical talisman or cursed artifact? More importantly, is it of value?
Tia Dalma: All will be revealed in good time, Jack. I be needin' an object off a Brute next.

Episode 4: Batter Up!
Jack Sparrow decides the easiest thing to get off a Brute would be its bat.

While he deliberates on various plans, Tia Dalma releases a potion of disorientating smoke at the Brute.

Once the Brute is down, Jack grabs the bat.

On the way back to Tia Dalma's, Jack ponders why the mystic needs him at all.

They arrive and Tia Dalma grounds all the items into a fine powder. They glow white.

Jack Sparrow: Was that...what you were expecting it to do?
Tia Dalma: Aye, Jack. But I be needin' one more thing. the heart of a hero.
Jack Sparrow: A...what now?

Episode 5: Heart Of A Hero
Tia Dalma explains that she doesn't mean a literal heart.  Jack Sparrow is relieved. He'd just as soon avoid such nastiness.

The "heart of a hero" is the thing a hero values most.

Jack remembers that Ralph said something about how he valued his cookie medal.

Jack invites Ralph over for a game of Liar's Dice to win the cookie medal.

Ralph refuses to put the medal up as collateral.

Ralph: What would you want with the cookie medal Vanellope made me?
Jack Sparrow: It's a long story, mate, about the "heart of a hero" and such nonsense. It bores me even to think of it. What do you say? One game with the cookie included. If you win, I'll give you...10 cookies! All shapes like hearts! Tin included.
Ralph: I'm sorry, Jack. But I'm not gonna bet my medal.

Episode 6: ZPD Shield
Jack Sparrow gives up and tries to think of an alternative hero "heart."

Perhaps Nick Wilde's Badge would work? He wears it over his heart, and he seems to value being a police officer.

Jack entices Nick into a game of chance, and wins the badge.

Jack brings the badge back to Tia Dalma.

She grinds the badge up and adds it to her brew. It does nothing.

Tia Dalma: Naughty Jack, you didn't bring me what I asked.
Jack Sparrow: You don't suppose the effect was just more...subtle this time?
Tia Dalma: No. Either the owner of this badge was no hero, or this was not him true heart.

Episode 7: Old Swaparoo
Jack Sparrow confronts Nick, and Nick admits that the badge he wagered was just one of many duplicates from the station.

Jack is at a loss for what to do next.

Nick asks Jack to join him on patrol.

While on patrol, Jack chases off a horde of Creeps invading the Covered Market.

When Nick comments on Jack's bravery, Jack claims he only did it to keep the market open. Where else would he get supplies for the Pearl?

Nick: You know, if you're looking for something that's valuable to a hero, you might want to take a look at your own possessions, buddy.
Jack Sparrow: Me? Oh, I'm no hero, mate. I'm a pirate. The heroic antithetical, as it were.
Nick: You keep telling yourself that, and one day, you MIGHT just believe it.

Episode 8: Soul Of A Sparrow
Jack Sparrow contemplates Nick's words and heads back to the Port.

He runs into some Creeps on the way, but they don't prove to be anything a couple of cannon balls can't fix.

When Jack gets back to the Black Pearl, he grabs a knife and cuts just a bit of one of the sails.

He brings the fabric to Tia Dalma. She whispers something over it, then burns the sail to ash and mixes it into the brew.

Instead of glowing white, it turns a deep black. Tia Dalma drinks the potion. Her eyes go black for a second.

Tia Dalma: I've seen something...
Jack Sparrow: That much was obvious.
Tia Dalma: A man and him plan. The plan gone awry, and that's why the "creeps" be here.
Jack Sparrow: Don't suppose your vision conveniently provides an address for said man?
Tia Dalma: He be not of this realm and can not be found unless him wishes to be.
Jack Sparrow: So I've got to patch my sail for nothing. Excellent.