419

Take a Walk With This County Princess

This report caused everyone present to become dazed. Xiang Rong looked at the person that had come in behind the servant, and her heart began to race.

The servant from the Bu family was also a little surprised, but it was someone from the palace, and it was the Chun Palace. He definitely did not dare express his dissatisfaction, thus he moved to the side, giving some space.

An shi’s expression was not too good and gave a look to Xiang Rong, but how could Xiang Rong have any mind to look at her. Her eyes were fixed on the maidservant that had been sent by the Chun Palace.

It was an older maidservant, and she looked to be around 17- or 18-years-old. In terms of appearance and bearing, she was very graceful. She first went to salute Xiang Rong then bowed to An shi before saying: “His Highness Prince Chun returned from out of the province and brought back some fresh things, and he specially prepared some for county princess and third young miss.” While saying this, she brought the thing in her hands to Xiang Rong then said: “It’s nothing particularly expensive. It’s just some dried fruit. It’s a specialty from that area. Third young miss, please do not dislike it.”

Xiang Rong waved her hand, “I don’t dislike it. I don’t dislike it.” She was in a bit panicked and a bit happy, and she was also at a bit of a loss over what to do. Personally receiving the dried fruit, she held it like it was some sort of treasure. Even an idiot could see the joy on her face.

The person that had come from the Bu manor was a little embarrassed. He felt that he had found some sort of secret. It was a secret that the master of his own family might not know about. There was someone in the heart of the Feng family’s third young miss!

An shi could see that the atmosphere was not right, thus she quickly began to take care of the situation. Smiling, she said to the maidservant from the Chun Palace: “Did miss come from the county princess’ manor?”

The servant nodded, “Indeed.”

An shi pulled Xiang Rong and secretly pinched her then added: “From a young age, county princess has gotten along well with third young miss. Normally, whenever she gets something nice, she would leave some for third young miss. Who knew that when his Highness the seventh prince sent dried fruit, third young miss would also get to try some.”

That servant was a smart person and naturally understood what An shi meant, thus she did not expose it. She just smiled at the two of them and bowed before leaving.

The servant from the Bu family did not have any reason to continue staying, thus he bid them farewell and followed the maidservant out.

Just after they left, An shi snatched away the dried fruit that Xiang Rong was hugging and fiercely said: “Third young miss! You must wake up a little! If your attitude today was to become known by the Bu family, you will be left eating bitter fruits! Even in the years leading up to your marriage, the Feng manor will not treat you well either!”

Xiang Rong became spirited from her shouting, her small cheeks becoming bright red. She tried a few times to snatch the dried fruit back from An shi but could not do it. Thus she simply turned around and swept all of the things that had been brought by the Bu family onto the ground.

What Bu Cong had sent was nothing particularly good. It was nothing more than some pastries that had been purchased on the side of the street. With Xiang Rong spilling them all over the floor, they shattered upon contact.

An shi angrily raised her hand to slap her, but she was unable to bring her hand down. Because the girl in front of her was not just her daughter. She was also the third young miss of the Feng manor. Although she was her birth mother, as a concubine, she did not have the right to slap her.