433

Escaping Disaster

The Feng family’s eldest daughter, Feng Chen Yu, finally succeeded in dying after her repeated activities that courted death.

Watching her be cut at the waist, Feng Yu Heng did not seem to rejoice much. She just finished eating then wiped her hands with a towel before saying to herself: “Feng Chen Yu’s era has come to an end.”

Xiang Rong was still standing in front of the window, and she was still staring at the corpse that had been cut into two parts. She watched people carry the body away, as the heavy rain quickly washed away the blood. “Second sister. “The little girl whispered, “I finally understand what you meant before. A person must rely on themselves to live, and the type of heart that one has will determine the type of life one would live. Second sister, I want to cancel this engagement. Father is no longer the prime minister, and I can no longer assume the position of General Bu’s official wife. Rather than waiting for him to cancel it, it would be better if I went to cancel it on my own.” While saying this, she looked at Feng Yu Heng. It looked as though she was asking for her opinion.

Feng Yu Heng did not have many opinions, only telling her: “You can make the decision on your own. Feng Jin Yuan is nothing more than a standard fifth rank official. Even if he wishes to seek connections with the Bu family, the Bu family would not be willing.”

Xiang Rong added: “Second sister, I also want to move out. Say, will father agree?”

Feng Yu Heng laughed, “What does it matter if he agrees or not. Unless he sends people to tie you up and bring you back, and even if he did, you can fight back, right?”

Xiang Rong nodded, “I saved up a bit of money for myself. Second sister, can you help me find a place to live?”

Feng Yu Heng reached out and patted the girl’s small head: “What’s the need to find a place to live. Just move into the county princess’ manor. I would like to see just how much ability Feng Jin Yuan has to come to my county princess’ manor to take someone away.”

Xiang Rong immediately expressed herself: “Then I would need to pay.”

The two sisters happily chatted. At this time, they heard a very sarcastic female voice from the room next door: “Their own elder sister was executed. Why are you still so happy? Seventh brother, what are their hearts made of?” It was Yu Qian Yin.

Xuan Tian Hua did not speak.

Huang Quan was a little angry. Taking a couple steps over, she shouted at the barrier between the two rooms: “If you have the ability, come and say it to our face. What is the point of speaking behind the backs of others?”

The other room fell silent for a moment. Not long later, the sound of footsteps arrived in front of the door. The door opened, and it was Xuan Tian Ming.

Feng Yu Heng pointed next door and said to him: “Did you see seventh brother?”

Xuan Tian Ming nodded but said: “He already left with that girl.”

Huang Quan furrowed her brow and asked in confusion: “What exactly is that girl doing?”

Xuan Tian Ming very frankly said: “I don’t know.” He then sat straight down next to his wife. Ignoring Xiang Rong, who had bowed to pay respects to him, he said to Feng Yu Heng: “A report came from the Board of Astronomy last night. This rainfall will continue for ten days.” When he spoke, he no longer had the carefree expression as when he had sent someone to take her food. In fact, he did not even mention Feng Chen Yu’s matter. Furrowing his brow, he was worried about this rainfall.

With the rain falling as it did, Feng Yu Heng had also been worried. Hearing that it would rain for another ten days, worry also appeared on her face. She had not forgotten the crisis that had been brought to the capital and its surroundings by the heavy snowfall during Winter. She had not forgotten about the people that had frozen to death. At that time, although she had done her best to alleviate the disaster, there were still things that she could not manage. If a crisis with snow became like that, what about a flood.