549

What Is Considered a Good Confidante

In truth, when it came to a large family in Da Shun, the maidservant that accompanies the head wife when coming over will often end up sleeping with the husband unless he truly does not desire that. Making decisions like this was for the sake of maintaining one’s standing in the family because a man bringing in concubines was extraordinarily common; therefore, rather than having someone else compete against the head wife for favor, it would be better to just send one’s own maidservant over. This way, she can act as a supervisor.

But madam Lu did not think that way. This person would rather a woman that she did not know enter the manor and compete for favor. In the worst-case scenario, she would just deal with them as they came. But her own maidservant was no good. She thought that it was disgusting. In the past, magistrate Lu had brought up the idea of taking the maidservant in, but she was unwilling and began to treat the maidservant coldly. She even though of sending the maidservant out of the manor, but that servant knew how to hide, and she knew how to deal with people. She focused entirely on currying favor and that matter was gradually forgotten; however, who knew that the matter was premeditated. They were merely leaving home, yet they were able to do such a debauched thing on this boat.

The more madam Lu thought, the angrier she became. In anger, she began to pound the deck.

Feng Yu Heng walked toward her while pulling out a pastry from her sleeve. Holding a small plate in her hand, she walked over and gently said: “Madam Lu, don’t get angry. Be careful not to harm your health.” She then placed the plate on the ground and continued: “Our young madam knows that madam likes eating these pastries and especially sent this servant to bring some over.”

Madam Lu was startled and looked up at Feng Yu Heng with a strange look. She then looked at the pastry in her hand and asked in confusion: “Your young madam? Who is that? Who said that I like to eat this sort of thing? I never eat pastries. The thing that I hate eating the most are pastries!”

“Huh?” Feng Yu Heng revealed a surprised expression, “It was lord magistrate that said it! During the day, we were bringing pastries to our young master and young madam. This was seen by magistrate Lu, and he said that madam likes eating them and wanted to buy some from us. Our young madam saw that he valued his wife and decided to give him a plate!”

“What?” Madam Lu heard this and gritted her teeth, “Damn, when have I ever liked eating pastries? From the day that I married him, he’s known that I don’t eat pastries, I…” She suddenly paused, as her expression became even more frosty, “The one that likes eating pastries is that slut. That slut loves eating snacks the most. Lu Qing Shen was trying to get pastries for that slut!” The more madam Lu said, the angrier she became, slapping away the pastry in Feng Yu Heng’s hand, “Scram! Take these disgusting things away from me.” While saying this, she kicked away the pastry that had fallen to the ground. With just a few kicks, she sent it into the river.

Feng Yu Heng sneered to herself. Sure enough, oh, sure enough, she had used this pastry to try and get a feel for madam Lu. If she truly liked eating them, she would use this opportunity to get closer. If madam Lu did not like eating them, it made it clear that the pastry during the day was for the sake of that servant. She just happened to be standing on the same side of the battle, as she felt an inhuman disdain toward that servant.

“Madam must not get angry. It’s not worth getting angry at someone that has already become fish food.” She pushed the madam that was about to go and settle a debt with magistrate Lu back down then sighed toward the angry face, saying: “It can’t be helped that madam is angry. That servant was too bold, actually daring to set her sights on the master. This sort of thing is the most irritating. Not to mention taking action against a madam, the one that she acted against was her own madam. It’s a shame that she still had the gall to remain at madam’s side. This servant truly feels that madam has been treated unfairly.”