499

The Ninth Lord Is Furious

The Yu Palace’s carriage turned around and went toward the imperial daughter’s manor.

Xuan Tian Ming held his sleeping wife in his embrace and brushed her hair again and again. At the same time, Ban Zou told him about the things that had happened in the imperial daughter’s manor…

After two sticks of incense of time, the gate of the imperial daughter’s manor was kicked down once more. The imperial guards felt bitter but could not cry. After the gate had been partially destroyed by the Emperor’s kick, they finally managed to restore it. With the ninth prince kicking it, they figured it was most likely a total loss. The leader quickly gave the order: “Go order a new gate. Have them make it overnight.”

Just after the order was given, they looked into the yard and found that his Highness the ninth prince had already disappeared.

On this night, Xuan Tian Ming had come to the imperial daughter’s manor to look for someone. That person was Yao shi. Ban Zou had asked beforehand. Because Yao Xian had said that today was not a good day to move, Yao shi was still living in the imperial daughter’s manor.

His movements brought a wind with it, and he was enveloped in an aura of murderous intent. While walking, the plants that were quite a distance away from him also began to sway with the wind. The servants of the imperial daughter’s manor that usually were not very afraid suddenly recalled the rumors about the ninth prince that they had almost forgotten.

Not a single person dared to stop him. Until he rushed into Yao shi’s courtyard and whipped open the front door, not a single person dared to utter a sound.

There were servants kneeling everywhere, from the entrance to the bedroom door that had just been whipped open. Those that had kneeled did not dare stand up again. Everyone was wondering the same thing: Will the ninth prince kill the madam?

The past few days, the madam and the imperial daughter’s manor were in a bit of a conflict. It seemed that the madam had said a few outrageous things to the imperial daughter. They had heard a few of those words, and they caused the servants to feel as though the imperial daughter was being treated unfairly. The ninth prince doted on imperial daughter so much. Tonight… he must have come to settle a debt with the madam, right?

When Xuan Tian Ming whipped open the door, Yao shi was in the middle of sewing a decorative border on Zi Rui’s Autumn clothes. Being startled like this, the needle stabbed into her finger, and the green bamboo became dyed with blood.

Yao shi had always been cowardly. Xuan Tian Ming’s fierce aura caused her to fall from her chair and kneel on the ground. The maidservant at her side also kneeled, not daring to breathe at all.

The whip was dragged on the ground behind him, and the thorns nearly caused Yao shi to die of fright. The broken door fell to the ground and nearly dropped on the servant that was passing by. Yao shi immediately understood. With the way that she treated A-Heng, this ninth prince would not forgive her.

The room was dead silent. Xuan Tian Ming did not speak, and Yao shi’s group did not dare to speak. Like this, the two sides looked at each other. Yao shi looked at him, and Xuan Tian Ming glared at Yao shi.

Who knows how long passed before the whip on the ground finally moved. Yao shi dodged back as a conditioned respected, hiding behind Qing Lan. However, the whip that she dreaded did not land on her. In fact, it was not sent flying out. Xuan Tian Ming had just moved his wrist slightly, raising the whip just a little.

Yao shi’s face was pale, as she stared blankly at Xuan Tian Ming. She felt that the face hidden by the golden mask had already peaked in anger. Even if he was wearing a mask, there was no way of hiding the fury that had leaked out from behind the gold. Her horror grew more profound; however, she finally heard Xuan Tian Ming say- “Aside from hiding behind someone else, what else do you know?”