575

The Unconventional Prince Lian

Before Duan Mu An Guo could finish speaking, he was immediately cut off by someone else. Not only were his words stuffed back down, just as he was about to go down and grab Feng Yu Heng, but he was also suddenly pushed to the side. This push was extremely strong, and Duan Mu An Guo was pushed back a few steps despite his military upbringing. In the end, he sat back down in his chair with a “thunk.”

Feng Yu Heng felt a wave of red come once more, clearly cutting off her sight from Duan Mu An Guo. Her face became covered in dark lines. How had she become an ice flower deity?

“Your Highness!” Duan Mu An Guo also became furious and immediately ignored Prince Lian’s status, loudly saying: “That is someone that I chose!”

Prince Lian furrowed her brow and turned around to look toward Duan Mu An Guo, asking in confusion: “You said that you chose her? When did you say it? Who heard it?”

“I…” Duan Mu An Guo’s tongue was tied, as he only got to say half of what he had wanted to say, “But these girls were sent here for me to choose! They are to enter the Winter Palace!”

“No, no, no.” Prince Lian shook her head. At the same time, she dragged Feng Yu Heng back to her seat, “When these northern provinces belonged to Da Shun, you could do as you pleased, and this prince did not care, but since you have announced to the world that the three provinces will belong to Qian Zhou once more, this prince will tell you that Qian Zhou will not put up with your nonsense. You’ve set up your own imperial palace and begun taking in imperial concubines and talented people. Is it your intention to tell Qian Zhou that you will announce yourself as an emperor? Duan Mu An Guo, you referred to yourself as this official, yet you’re trying to steal someone from this prince. Where exactly do you find the courage.”

Feng Yu Heng’s hand was held by Prince Lian, and she felt that this woman’s hands were truly too soft. It was as though there were no bones and were made of fluff. Holding it felt very comfortable, and she could not help but hold it tighter.

Prince Lian noticed this and turned around to wink at her. The earlier domineering look from when she was scolding Duan Mu An Guo immediately disappeared.

Feng Yu Heng thought that this woman was truly too much to her tastes. Whether it was the things that she said or did, they all left her with a familiar feeling. It seemed that it was another copy of herself. If she was not part of the imperial family of Qian Zhou… Unfortunately, she was a member of Qian Zhou’s imperial family. This meant that she would be an enemy in this life. For the simple reason of Zi Rui’s missing finger, she had no intention of forgiving anyone with the surname Feng.

Thinking like this, she subconsciously tried to pull her hand back, and Prince Lian looked back in confusion. She then suddenly realized what had happened: “Duan Mu An Guo, you can get up. Continue with the festivities. Do not scare our Xiao…. what was your name again?”

Feng Yu Heng rolled her eyes, “Xiao Ya.”

“Right, Xiao Ya. Come, come, come, sing and dance. Don’t scare our Xiao Ya. As for you, Duan Mu An Guo, if you heard what this prince said earlier, let these children go back. At a later date, change the name of this Winter Palace. This prince does not care what happens to the girls in this palace; however, they can no longer be considered imperial concubines. I figure they should just be considered concubines for your amusement. But if you have no intentions of listening.” Her gaze became bone-piercingly cold, and her tone changed, immediately returning to her earlier attitude, as she said: “If you have no intentions of listening, you can continue, but you must think carefully about these three provinces. Qian Zhou does not want them, and you have already revolted against Da Shun. From this day forward, the citizens of these three provinces will need to be protected by you alone.”