505

Does Beloved Consort Wish to See This Prince’s Face?

Feng Yu Heng’s guess caused the person listening to suddenly become covered in sweat. He unconsciously balled his hands up into fists then relaxed them and repeated this a few times before finally managing to forcefully repress his feelings of horror and nervousness.

But Feng Yu Heng continued to speak, saying: “His Majesty demoted you to the position of stablehand, and the family’s resources have decreased. It’s understandable that you dismissed some of the servants, but apparently, you cannot even afford the hidden guards that you had in the past?” While saying this, she laughed, “This was just something that was done on the surface, right! It was done for people to see. In reality, although you have gotten rid of your former hidden guards, you have brought in some new people. Apparently, the expert currently at father’s side is someone from Qian Zhou?”

Feng Jin Yuan was extremely shocked and suddenly exploded with anger: “You’re monitoring me?”

Feng Yu Heng nodded enthusiastically, admitting: “That’s right.”

“You-” Feng Jin Yuan’s words were jumbled. If his daughter quibbled, he would be able to say a bit more, but she had admitted to it readily. How should he respond to shit? In truth, Feng Jin Yuan had prepared himself a bit for being monitored by Feng Yu Heng. He knew long ago that this second daughter was quite savvy and had already noticed it. Also, his previous hidden guard had mentioned to him that he had occasionally seen the second young miss’ people in the manor. But there was nothing that he could do. In the end, there was a difference in strength between the two sides. They could not catch them, but they had vaguely seen them a few times, but they also did not have any real evidence. Moreover, it was not that he had not sent people over to Tong Sheng pavilion to investigate. Helpless against their guards, he had not succeeded even once.

The accusation of “You’re monitoring me” caused Feng Jin Yuan to become speechless, but Feng Yu Heng’s following words caused him to cough up blood. Feng Yu Heng said: “I guessed correctly!” When she spoke, she snapped her fingers and had a ruffian’s aura, but it was still quite good looking.

Feng Jin Yuan felt a fishy-sweet taste surged into his mouth. After trying desperately a few times to swallow it back down, a bit of blood still trickled down from the corner of his mouth.

So it was all from guessing!

But how could she guess so accurately?

Feng Jin Yuan suddenly felt a bit of regret. If he did not place his hopes in Feng Chen Yu and had instead placed them in this second daughter, would the situation today be different?

Unfortunately, all of his regrets were too late. Three years in the Northwest in addition to the attempt to assassinate on the way back to the capital created a feeling of running counter to this daughter. There was no room for reconciliation.

He blankly looked at Feng Yu Heng and could not speak for a long time. Feng Yu Heng, however, was puzzled and asked him: “Father, I am truly very curious. What exactly do you have?”

Feng Jin Yuan subconsciously shook his head and squeezed out a word between his teeth: “Nothing.”

She chuckled, “Father said there’s nothing, which means that there is. In truth, things were not that clear in the beginning. I was just testing father’s reactions, but father allowed me to speculate over this.” This had to be the real reason that Kang Yi wanted to marry Feng Jin Yuan, right? Feng Yu Heng though that perhaps it was also the reason that the Emperor had not touched Feng Jin Yuan for all of these years.

She had become curious long ago about the Emperor’s attitude toward Feng Jin Yuan. This person indeed had some knowledge; otherwise, it was impossible for him to be the top scholar of his year, and he also contributed to the court. Otherwise, it would be impossible for him to have reached the position of prime minister. But he was also sufficiently stupid. When it came to handling certain matters, he would stand in opposition to the Emperor. Based on the Emperor’s personality, even if Feng Jin Yuan was even more talented, it would be impossible to tolerate him for so many years. The only explanation was that Feng Jin Yuan had something that he wanted.