498

Why Is He Crying?

Yao Xian’s appearance succeeded in causing Feng Jin Yuan to vomit three mouthfuls of blood. By the end, he was helped into a carriage by servants.

Yao Xian had his arms crossed as he watched the Feng family’s carriages depart. He did not forget to remind Cheng Jun Man: “Remember to get him a doctor. Don’t let him die then blame me later on.”

Cheng Jun Man did her best to hold back her laughter, saying: “Lord Yao, don’t worry. One will be called.”

Finally, the Feng manor’s plaque was removed. Finally, the final carriage also left the road. Yao Xian asked Feng Yu Heng: “Feng Jin Yuan is their husband, after all. Say, will the Cheng family’s sisters go against you someday?”

Feng Yu Heng smiled wryly, “Who knows! The women of the ancient era have different thoughts compared to us. With one wife and many concubines, men are destined to place all of their thoughts on women. At the same time, smart women will be able put their feelings aside for the sake of the family and their own benefit. I trust that they are smart people. They have been in the Feng family for so long. They should know that if they follow Feng Jin Yuan and follow his desires, sooner or later, they would not even know how they died. Rather, if they follow me, there would still be a chance to live.”

Yao Xian nodded, but he still reminded her: “You must remain vigilant. People’s intentions are hard to guess!”

Feng Yu Heng naturally understood that people’s intentions were hard to guess, but she still wanted to trust those people that had chosen to follow her. This sort of trust was not some sort of subjective belief. Rather, it was a feeling that made her want to keep some more people on her side, with the Cheng shi sisters, An shi and Xiang Rong as examples. She always believed that “betrayal” was not human nature. As long as one was willing to work for it, she did not believe that it was impossible to obtain the desired outcome.

Yao Xian led a group to inspect the Feng manor. Feng Yu Heng did not have that desire, as she brought Huang Quan and returned to the imperial daughter’s manor. Upon entering the manor, she saw Qing Lan come over and helplessly say: “Young miss, madam is packing up her things and saying that she wants to move next door with the old master.”

Feng Yu Heng stopped in her tracks and furrowed her brows. An inexplicable irritation welled up. There were times when she truly wanted to be like Xuan Tian Ming and just begin whipping people when she was in a bad mood, or she could just go out and start fires. Feng Yu Heng thought, was this retribution? Normally, she did her best to allow herself to live arrogantly and happily, but there had to be a Yao shi. With her status as her mother, she could neither hit her nor curse her, and she had no place to complain about her grievances. Yao shi might be a hurdle in her life.

She waved her hand and began walking once more. Qing Lan believed that she was going to see Yao shi but found that she had actually turned to leave the manor once more. She could not help but ask: “Young miss, will you not go and advise the madam?”

Feng Yu Heng spat out: “If she wants to move, just let her. Tell her that I will not care about her matters from this day forward. If she is lacking money, just come and ask me. Don’t tell me about anything else.”

Qing Lan was stunned in place. Watching Feng Yu Heng leave the manor with Huang Quan, her heart began to ache. She was Yao shi’s personal servant; however, it was Feng Yu Heng that had chosen her back then. Having been at Yao shi’s side for a year, she had seen how well Feng Yu Heng treated the people in the manor. She had seen the protection offered to her as a daughter; however, she also saw the indifference and confusion after each time Feng Yu Heng departed. She was completely unable to understand why Yao shi was like this. Back then, it was her that had chosen to divorce the Feng family. Her daughter had such bright prospects and treated her so well. What was there to be dissatisfied with?