502

Hard to Protect Both Lives

Although the Feng family moved into a new residence, the amount of resources available to the family were too spread out compared to before. Helpless, they could only cut down on the number of servants that they had to save money. Currently, there was only one gatekeeper to look after the residence, and that person was slacking off, having found a place in the shade to hide. He did not notice that there was an unfamiliar person standing there the entire time.

Feng Yu Heng’s arrival was a bit louder, and that person turned to run upon hearing this sound. Feng Yu Heng’s eyes squinted, and she immediately ordered Huang Quan: “Catch him!”

Huang Quan moved and quickly rushed toward that person. That person did not know martial arts in the slightest. Before he could even take his third step, he was brought back by Huang Quan. He was also cowardly. Upon being caught, he began to beg and plead: “Don’t kill me! Spare my life!”

Huang Quan brought this person back with a face filled with disdain. Bringing him over to Feng Yu Heng, she kicked at his knees, and the person kneeled on the ground.

“Speak, what are you leaning against the entrance of the Feng family for?” Huang Quan was not merciful in the slightest. When she asked this question, she kicked him once more, nearly causing the man in his 40s to cry.

The Feng family’s gatekeeper also rushed forward upon seeing Feng Yu Heng; however, Feng Yu Heng’s expression was not good, and it scared him into remaining silent.

The kneeling man was in a set of grey clothes, and a box hung from his arm. Having been pulled back and forth by Huang Quan, the box fell open, and Feng Yu Heng immediately recognized the things that fell out. She then asked: “You’re a doctor?”

That person was very cowardly. For the sake of clearing his crime, he hated that he could not reply with ten sentences to every question that Feng Yu Heng asked, thus he immediately said: “This lowly one is a doctor. It was a pregnant concubine mother that called for me, telling me to find a way to go in and take a look at her. But this lowly one has paced around the entrance for a while and have yet to find an opportunity to go in.”

Huang Quan snorted coldly and asked for Feng Yu Heng: “Since you are a doctor, why don’t you just proudly go in? Why do you need to find an opportunity to sneak into the manor?”

That person had a bitter expression and said: “Because that concubine mother wanted a birth-inducing drug from me. She said I definitely cannot tell anyone else. That’s why I had to come to the Feng manor in secret.”

Huang Quan immediately laughed. Even Feng Yu Heng laughed. They just thought that Han shi did not know to find a person more adept at keeping secrets. When spending money to get something done, they don’t spend a little more to ensure that person keeps their mouth shut. Before they could even ask this person, he already exposed everything. What was the point in looking for such a person?

Feng Yu Heng ordered the gatekeeper: “Bring this person into the manor and lock him up. Stuff his mouth and hand him to the older madam to handle.” She then saw the dumbfounded expression on the gatekeeper’s face. She snorted coldly and did not say anything. The Feng family’s matters could be spread if he wanted. The current situation was no longer the same as before, and she could not be bothered with it.

She brought Huang Quan and entered the manor. A servant immediately came forward to guide the two to Han shi’s courtyard. Feng Yu Heng glanced around the new Feng manor and felt that although it was a bit smaller, it was quite nice and not too shabby. The servant saw Feng Yu Heng sizing it up and explained, saying: “This residence was apparently sent by the fifth prince. It’s considered a part of the betrothal gift to the fourth young miss. Because of the elder madam’s funeral, the rest of the betrothal gift has not been presented yet. On the day that master moved in here, he said that this residence was a bit small, but the number of people in the manor is also lower, thus there is enough room.”