524

Danger on the River

Unfortunately, it was already too late.

Just as Xuan Tian Ming said “Don’t look,” and before his hand could cover Feng Yu Heng’s vision completely, a broken finger could be seen in the box.

Feng Yu Heng dove at the box as though she had gone crazy. Grabbing it, her arms shook so much that she needed Xuan Tian Ming’s help to ensure that the box did not fall to the ground.

A broken finger rested inside the box. It was a child’s finger. The fingernail was a bit longer, and there was a small mole that was very noticeable at the first knuckle.

Feng Yu Heng was quite decisive. Quickly calming down, she did not even think and removed the finger from the box, placing it inside her space’s operating room. Her complexion was pale and turning faintly green. Xuan Tian Ming knew that this was a complexion that someone who had been angered to the extreme would have. The enemy had actually dared to remove one of Zi Rui’s fingers. Not to mention Feng Yu Heng, even he would not allow them to continue living.

He turned his head and ordered: “The person that delivered this box is definitely still on board. Contact everyone and have them begin searching!”

Ban Zou nodded. Before he could turn around to leave, the boat began to sway wildly. This movement came suddenly, and it was quite large. Ban Zou lost his balance and also swayed before falling over. Fortunately, the swaying quickly stopped, but the boat no longer continued to advance steadily. Together with the wind and waves, the sounds of adults shrieking and children crying could faintly be heard.

“Young miss, your Highness!” Wang Chuan’s voice came from outside the door. Ban Zou quickly went over to open it. After Wang Chuan entered, she quickly said: “A strong wind has appeared on the river. The boatmen are working on it, but the boat has slowed drastically.”

Feng Yu Heng’s heart sank a little bit more. She was a little anxious. From the cut on the finger, she would see that it had been removed roughly two days prior. Although she had placed it inside her space, she did not know how Zi Rui’s injury was. If she was able to find that child immediately, she could try and fix it; however, if too much time passed, it would not be so simple.

She urgently asked Xuan Tian Ming: “Is there any possible way for us to chase faster?”

Xuan Tian Ming was truly powerless. They were currently on a river, and they needed to rely on a boat. But with such strong winds and waves, how could they move any faster?

Feng Yu Heng saw the troubled expression on his face and knew that this matter was very tricky. Just as she was thinking about whether or not there was something inside her space that could be used, the already swaying ship swayed once more. The scale of this swaying was even worse than before, as Wang Chuan was thrown into the air then dropped to the floor.

Ban Zou quickly went to support her. At this time, Huang Quan brought the young girl over to this side. Then it was the hidden guards from various areas that arrived. For a while, this room was very crowded; however, because it was crowded, people were not falling all over.

But the other cabins on the boat were different. Each time that the boat swayed, the guests were the ones to suffer. The sound of people crashing into the boat’s wooden walls could be heard from time to time, and their screams became louder and louder. The shouts of the boatmen also grew louder. The majority of these voices were telling everyone to return to their rooms and grab something firm. They absolutely must not go out onto the deck.

But the people that had already gone outside found it very difficult to return. The swaying of the boat became more and more violent. Feng Yu Heng’s feet were firmly planted on the floor, and she could faintly feel as though there was a cracking feeling coming from the bottom of the boat.