447

The Star of the Phoenix Accompanying the Emperor Is a Good Omen

There was quite a large amount of blood in the mouthful of blood that the Emperor had coughed up. A large patch of the gate had become dyed by his blood. When Zhang Yuan saw him cough up the blood, he let out a shout: “Your Majesty! Your Majesty, you must not die! You must not and cannot die!” While shouting, he ran over and supported the person that had fallen. He then went to wipe away the blood coming from the corner of his mouth.

Who knew that after wiping away a bit, a certain person that had coughed up blood would reach out and pinch Zhang Yuan, squeezing out a few words through the gaps in his teeth: “Don’t wipe it. It looks more troubling with a bit of blood.”

Zhang Yuan immediately reacted and stopped wiping away the blood. He just held the Emperor and continued to shout: “Your Majesty, how could you have coughed up so much blood! Your Majesty!” While shouting, he went to slam on the gate, “Is there anyone inside? His Majesty coughed up a bunch of blood and fainted! Save his life!”

The Emperor pinched him again: “Louder!”

Zhang Yuan raised his voice even further, “Imperial concubine Yun! It’s not looking good for his Majesty, quickly come out to look at him one last time!” He began crying and placed his head on the Emperor’s body. While crying, he quietly said: “Do I need to keep up this loud voice? This is too unlucky!”

The Emperor quietly said: “I will give you a raise when we get back.”

“Oh, your Majesty! You must not die! Da Shun still needs you here! Imperial concubine Yun! His Majesty has coughed up blood, and that blood has dyed the Winter Moon Palace! How could you be so hateful!” Upon hearing that there would be a raise, Zhang Yuan immediately began doing his best to shout and scream.

The master and servant just sat in a puddle on the ground. Although there were palace servants holding up umbrellas, they would still be hit by the rain that was blown in by the wind.

The sound of banging came from the Winter Moon Palace’s gates, and the servants inside just shook her heads helplessly. The palace maid in charge gave the order: “Continue to keep watch. You absolutely must not open the gate. I will go pass this message on to imperial concubine.”

After saying this, she quickly left. When she arrived at the moon viewing platform, she seemed to still be able to hear the sounds of the gate being banged on.

Imperial concubine Yun was completely fine. Whether it rained or not did not matter to her. Either way, even if it was clear outside, she would not go out. At most, it meant that fresh fruit could not be brought in, thus she just ate a little less.

At this time, a hidden guard kneeled at her side and was telling her about what had happened outside the palace. Just as the palace maid came in, she heard a female officer say: “Go find out which guy prepared the bag of blood. Once you have found out, just kill them.”

The palace maid in charge felt her head swell, as she quickly trotted over and discussed with imperial concubine Yun: “It seems to be eunuch Zhang. Those two have always been partners in… always advanced and retreated together.”

“You can just say that they are partners in crime.” Imperial concubine Yun rolled her eyes, “Just let them cause a ruckus… Hah!” Before she could finish speaking, she began coughing. The hidden guard handed her a cup of water; however, imperial concubine Yun waved her hand, “I can’t drink.” Listening closely, her throat sounded a little hoarse.

The palace maid in charge sighed slightly and covered imperial concubine Yun with a cloak, advising her: “How about bringing in an imperial physician to take a look! It’s been a few days, and imperial concubine’s cold does not seem to be improving. This servant is feeling a little worried.”