475

Definitely Sufficiently Resilient

Seeing that Feng Yu Heng was about to do battle with a fragrant pork shoulder, Xuan Tian Ming helplessly asked Bai Ze, Huang Quan and Wang Chuan: “A pork shoulder was prepared this quickly?”

Feng Yu Heng reminded him: “It’s currently noon. The kitchen should already be making food.”

Xuan Tian Ming rolled his eyes at her, “Just eat your food! There’s nobody in the palace that dares eat such a large pork shoulder.”

Bai Ze nodded, “Right, everyone in the palace has it cut into slices or shaped to look pretty before being brought up. Apparently, this pork shoulder was ordered by his Majesty this morning, saying that county princess was going to be eating today at the palace, thus the imperial kitchen began preparation early in the morning.”

“Hmph.” Xuan Tian Ming snorted coldly then waved his hand, “Alright, alright, you can go.” Turning his head, he once again saw Feng Yu Heng happily enjoying the food. He accepted his fate and wiped away the oil around her mouth.

After Feng Yu Heng took care of the pork shoulder, she very professionally dragged Xuan Tian Ming over to Winter Moon Palace to give imperial concubine Yun her infusion. Fortunately, the Emperor had returned to Zhao He Hall to sleep, thus she did not need to leap over a wall. But after she finished giving the infusion and was leaving, she heard imperial concubine Yun ask one of her palace maids: “Hah, are there really that many people interested in that damn throne?”

Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming thought of the shadow that would appear in that palace maid’s heart and increased their pace, escaping from Winter Moon Palace.

She thought that there was not much left to do. With the “confessions” that came from last night, everything that needed to be known was already known, the third prince had been locked up, and Duan Mu Qing had died. All that remained was for the Emperor to finish tidying matters up, thus she decided to leave the imperial palace. Who knew that before the two could pass through the palace’s gates, Zhang Yuan would bring a group over toward the palace’s gates.”

Feng Yu Heng waved to him: “Hey! Eunuch Zhang, where are you going?”

Zhang Yuan saw the two and went over to greet them before replying: “His Majesty said that the gate was severely damaged by the battering that it took last night. It must be repaired immediately, but the national treasury would not pay for it.”

Xuan Tian Ming raised a corner of his lips, “Father Emperor’s meaning is…”

“His Majesty means to say that whoever broke it should pay for the repairs. That’s why this servant is preparing to bring people over to the Xiang Palace. Thinking about it, his Highness the third prince’s palace should not be so poor that it cannot even afford to fix a gate. His Majesty said that if the Xiang Palace is really that poor, that palace can be sold for however much can be obtained. In any case, it will save the national treasury a bit of money.”

Xuan Tian Ming nodded, “That’s good. Go ahead!”

Zhang Yuan looked at Feng Yu Heng and added: “Her Highness the Empress has already prepared a small residence for Princess Xiang. County princess, do not worry.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded but did not say anything.

When the two finally exited the imperial palace, it was already the early afternoon. Feng Yu Heng sat in Xuan Tian Ming’s imperial carriage and poked her head out the window.

After a night of turmoil, the large capital was once again peaceful. The vegetable sellers sold vegetables, and the people continued to drink tea, banter and discipline their children as usual. The matters that had occurred the previous night was clearly still on their minds, but they were able to carry on as though nothing had happened. They would do whatever they had to do. They did not cause any trouble for the government at all.