465

Luring the Tiger Away From the Mountain

Feng Yu Heng brought Wang Chuan and Huang Quan and quickly left the manor. Yao Xian was left behind to take care of Zi Rui. A bad feeling quickly filled her heart. In order to increase their pace, Feng Yu Heng’s group of three did not sit in the imperial carriage, as they chose to ride horses instead.

Huang Quan said with a bit of concern: “I only saw it from far away. I only felt that the person sitting in the carriage looked a bit like the third prince. In addition to this, it was Duan Mu Qing’s carriage procession leaving only after the sky had turned dark. No matter how you look at it, it’s a bit odd.”

Wang Chuan also furrowed her brow. Using her horsewhip, she then said: “After eldest young miss Feng’s matter, the Xiang Palace never made any moves. This servant was wondering why that side would become so quiet. Who knew that this sort of thing would happen today.” But she was still curious: “With his Highness the third prince leaving with Duan Mu Qing, could it be that he plans to return to the North?”

Feng Yu Heng was also worried about this. Although she did not reply, she held on to the horse tightly with her legs and hurried the horse with her horsewhip.

The North was where Xuan Tian Ye’s maternal family had power. Xuan Tian Ye chose to not live obediently in the capital. Instead, he decided to follow Duan Mu Qing back to the North. That could only mean one thing: The North intended to cause unrest. Xuan Tian Ye had to be taken from the middle of this encirclement. Please, let us outflank them.

She thought to herself that based on the North’s troops, it was impossible for the North to cause unrest. If Duan Mu Qing’s family wanted to rebel, their only option was to implicate Qian Zhou. This was also a scenario that she did not wish to see. She was waiting for the completion of the steel weapons and for them to be distributed to the army. Old third’s side was not stupid. They also knew that they had to act before the steel weapons were completed, thus the two sides were in a race to see who could rush ahead of the other.

The three did not speak along the way. Only after they successfully left the city did Ban Zou, who had been hiding in the shadows, suddenly appear. He landed directly behind Feng Yu Heng on her horse. Feng Yu Heng was not surprised. After all, they would increase their speed after leaving the city, and Ban Zou could not possibly continue to chase after a horse using his qinggong. But the words that he said after sitting down caused her to begin thinking. Ban Zou said: “With the third prince already being injured to such a degree, could it be that he plans to succeed the throne with his crippled body?”

She furrowed her brow tightly and felt that something was not quite right. Huang Quan also began to worry: “Young miss, how about we return!”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, “We’ve already come out. Let’s chase a little longer to take a look.”

After saying this, Ban Zou hit the horse, and their speed went up once more. But at this time, the sound of hooves suddenly came from behind them. She listened carefully and noted that it was just one horse.

Ban Zou was the first to turn around, and Feng Yu Heng could clearly feel his body tremble. She could not help but ask: “Who is it?”

Ban Zou said: “His Highness the seventh prince.”

While he spoke, the horse behind them had already caught up and was moving alongside them. Feng Yu Heng turned her head and looked over. Sure enough, it was definitely Xuan Tian Hua. She felt her heart drop, and that bad feeling filled her heart once more.

“Seventh brother, why have you come here?” She asked anxiously.

“Why are you here?” Xuan Tian Hua was a little anxious. It was rare to see his expression change; however, his face currently revealed a bit of cloudiness.