535

Hua’er and Heng Heng Are a Good Match

Feng Yu Heng muttered to the palace maid for a bit until the palace maid quietly left the moon-viewing hall.

Imperial concubine Yun looked toward her for a bit then raised her hand and interrupted Jian Zheng. She then said with some dissatisfaction: “The biggest taboo when listening to a story is not paying attention. A-Heng, what was being talked about earlier?”

Feng Yu Heng quickly sat up a little straighter and said seriously: “Daughter-in-law was paying attention properly. Just now, lord Jian Zheng was talking about lesser imperial concubine Lan having private communications with a guard in the palace. The two were preparing to escape from the palace. After reaching a small hole in the wall to the North, the guard crawled out first then went to help lesser imperial concubine Lan out. Who knew that lesser imperial concubine Lan had gotten fatter from eating a great deal each day in the palace. Upon getting halfway through the hole, she got stuck, which allowed for the imperial guards to catch up from behind.”

Imperial concubine Yun nodded, “Un, you really did understand.”

Enduring the snickering from Xuan Tian Ming and Xuan Tian Hua, Feng Yu Heng did her best to express her enjoyment of the story, asking in a very gossipy tone: “Then what happened after that?”

Jian Zheng said: “Executed.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded, “Good!” She then began to express her feelings: “That’s why I say that men should not have too many women. Since you don’t have enough time and can’t control them, in the end, the one to suffer will be yourself.”

Imperial concubine Yun agreed with this statement. Xuan Tian Ming and Xuan Tina Hua were also convinced of this point. This group showed a great deal of unity in regards to this topic.

Feng Yu Heng glanced at imperial concubine Yun and saw that the desire for gossip still lingered in her eyes. She could not help but sigh to herself while keeping a warm look on her face. She then took the initiative to say to Jian Zheng: “Since lesser imperial concubine Lan’s story is complete, tell us about something else!”

Jian Zheng glanced at Feng Yu Heng, and his heart began to tremble once more. Ever since he had seen her for the first time, he would have this sort of feeling. Even to this day, although he was already accustomed to seeing her, the trembling of his heart had never lessened.

Jian Zheng had learned astrology from a young age. His feeling had never erred before, and the first time that he saw her, he was able to see Feng Yu Heng’s star; however, it was only later on that he found out that she was the ninth prince’s future wife. That person was also known as imperial daughter Ji An.

He had an understanding in his mind. This girl was the star of the phoenix that had not been seen for over 500 years; however, it was odd. Normally, this sort of star appeared when the girl was born. Why would the star of the phoenix only begin to light up after many years? Things really were quite puzzling.

Of course, what puzzled him even more was… the star of the phoenix! That was the star of the phoenix! His master had said that a girl with the star of the phoenix would have a unique character while also being distinguished, graceful and tolerant. But this one… why did she love to gossip so much?

He helplessly shook his head. Thinking about it, he was the dignified Jian Zheng from the Board of Astronomy. Even the Emperor had to give him a bit of face; however, he would always end up being caught off-guard and brought to gossip with imperial concubine Yun. This was truly… a great shame! This family just happened to love gossip. Not only did the mother like it, even the ninth prince that everyone called the king of hell liked it. Even the one that everyone called a deity liked it! He had really had enough.