568

His Highness Prince Lian

Prince Lian.

Feng Yu Heng looked at Ban Zou, a questioning look appearing in her eyes.

Ban Zou shook his head, expressing that he did not know, but after some more thought, he told her: “Presently, the ruler of Qian Zhou has many enemies seeking to take his position. He only has one sister in eldest princess Kang Yi. The other siblings were born from the same father but different mothers. Put plainly, they were formerly enemies. Every country and every dynasty, the competition between siblings is unavoidable. The situation in Qian Zhou continued for many years and had many fierce battles. The previous Emperor saw over ten sons and grandchildren die during these battles. Including the current emperor, there are no more than five of his sons remaining, and all of them have been conferred titles of lord.

Feng Yu Heng nodded, “If you say it like that, this Prince Lian is a member of Qian Zhou’s imperial family and one of the emperor’s brothers.”

“Should be.”

While the two spoke, the girl standing on the carriage spoke once more, asking the bearded man: “You are executing people here and blocking the road rather than celebrating lord Duan Mu’s birthday. For what purpose?” Her words were very uncourteous, but the bearded man did not mind in the slightest.

He replied very respectfully: “These are all officials from Da Shun that tried to escape. Lord Duan Mu gave the order to have them all beheaded.”

“Beheaded?” The girl frowned, “You plan on beheading this many people?”

The bearded man nodded, saying: “That’s right. Lord Duan Mu said that people lacking in resolution would be better off killed than convinced.” While saying this, he looked at the surrounding officials and civilians, adding: “These people are the same. If they are of use, they will be kept alive. If not, they will be killed.”

The girl shook her head upon hearing this but could not say anything more. She frankly turned and returned inside the carriage. Not long later, she came back out but said to the bearded man: “His Highness Prince Lian said that tomorrow is new year’s eve, and the day after that will be new year’s day. Today is near the end of the year, and the time is not suited for killing. Moreover, his Highness does not like the sight of blood. That’s why you should disperse. Just find a place and lock these people up. When the new year has arrived and his Highness has returned to Qian Zhou, you can do whatever you want to do.”

The bearded man was a little hesitant upon hearing then immediately nodded. Even if he had said earlier that lord Duan Mu had ordered it, now that a prince of Qian Zhou had spoken, he did not even think before tossing lord Duan Mu’s orders to the back of his mind. If someone was less informed, they might think that he was a general from Qian Zhou.

But this was also good. At the very least, it would mean that there would not be anything too bloody happening. Everyone felt extremely fortunate. The people that had escaped death watched the executioner put aside the blade. Their nerves that had been stretched tight were immediately relaxed, and a majority of them fainted.

The bearded man ordered for them to be taken away. When the plaza was cleared out, he finally asked the servant: “I wonder if his Highness is satisfied?”

The servant nodded, “Just do as you wish. After all, this is a matter for you people in Da Shun. Qian Zhou will not care for it.”

The bearded man immediately said: “At this moment, the North has already devoted itself to Qian Zhou. We are now family. Da Shun would be the ones considered outsiders.”

The servant giggled, nodding and saying: “That’s right, these three northern provinces were originally part of our Qian Zhou’s territory before it was stolen away by Da Shun. But do not rush. It will belong to whoever it should belong to. Sooner or later, Qian Zhou will steal this piece of land back.”