489

Unable to Get Intimate

Xiang Rong said this, and Feng Yu Heng felt that this was a little unexpected. She did not understand what this girl was thinking. Moreover, Xuan Tian Hua was someone that shook every girl’s heart! If she had not met Xuan Tian Ming first…

Forget it, Feng Yu Heng shook her head. She did not want to think about what she may or may not have; however, she asked Xiang Rong: “Not to mention whether or not you can, second sister will ask you, why do you say you won’t?”

In regards to this matter, Xiang Rong had thought about it. Although she became a little bit flustered when thinking about this after being asked, she recovered very quickly and told Feng Yu Heng: “Because I am unable to develop as much of an understanding as second sister has with his Highness the seventh prince, and I am unable to become as intimate as second sister is with his Highness the ninth prince. I thought long and hard and did not even know where he and I would have any similarities. Even if we were forcefully pushed together, I would still only view him as a deity.”

In the end, she was still a young child. Her view of Xuan Tian Hua was that of a deity. In truth, it was not just Xiang Rong. Even Feng Yu Heng would not know how to look at Xuan Tian Hua. Thinking about it, the only word that came to mind was deity.

She patted Xiang Rong’s head: “Eleven-years-old, it’s an age where you should still be in school. I really don’t know what sort of sins the people of this era are committing, to actually rely on an eleven-year-old girl to bear the hopes of the entire family. To be forced to worry so soon about their own lives. Xiang Rong, if you trust second sister and want to live happily, forget about all of these things. This was never something that you should be worrying about. At the very least, wait until you are of marriageable age to worry about these things.”

There was a bit more that she did not say. In truth, even 15 was still early. At 15-years-old, one could go out and experience their naive first love, but for her to accept going out to get married at the age of 15 was quite a stretch. The reason that she did not resist Xuan Tian Ming too much was that she was already a soul in her 20s. But in this era, Xiang Rong had been taught to become like some sort of monster, and this made it so that she could not help but become interested. “If I ever have a daughter, I definitely will not allow her to fall into this from a young age.” She subconsciously voiced her own thoughts. She then saw a look of pleasant amazement on Xiang Rong’s face.

“Second sister, Xiang Rong is already eleven-years-old. I am already not young.”

She laughed. She knew that it was impossible for this concept to proliferate so quickly. She could only give up on this topic, only telling Xiang Rong: “Trust me and don’t think about it. Nobody is able to predict the future. You can’t, I can’t, and seventh brother also can’t. Relax and grow a little bit at a time. There’s no rush.”

Finally, it was the day for the matriarch to be carried out. Because the old home in Feng Tong county had already been ruined by the floods, the matriarch could only be buried in a cemetery 20 li to the West of the capital.

This day, aside from the pregnant Han shi, everyone else in the Feng family was present. The only son, Feng Jin Yuan, was at the front of the procession. The grandson of the first wife, Zi Rui, and the granddaughter of the first wife, Feng Yu Heng, were carrying the coffin. Behind them were Xiang Rong and Fen Dai. Even further back were the Cheng shi sisters, An shi and Jin Zhen.

There were two coffins accompanying this funeral procession. One contained the matriarch, and one was for Jin Zhen. To the outside, it was announced that Jin Zhen had died because of grief over the matriarch’s death. To the inside, it was directly stated that Jin Zhen would be buried to accompany the matriarch.