466

Abnormal Change in the Capital

Xuan Tian Hua and the others were completely unable to understand how the two horses had fallen; however, with the horses collapsing, the carriage naturally would not be spared. The person inside ended up falling out as expected.

The group looked forward with wide eyes. Unfortunately, the moon on this night was dark. The entire area was dark, and they were quite far away. Even for someone with a certain degree of ability like Xuan Tian Hua, it was impossible to get a clear view of that person.

In their rush, a sudden beam of light was pointed at where the carriage had fallen. The light was not as broad as moonlight, and it was as if it had been specifically made to illuminate people. It was shaped like a column and was pointed directly at the target.

Xuan Tian Hua did not have time to think about this light. He just looked at where the light had landed and saw that the person that had landed had also turned to look back at them.

It was a man with a tired look, but in the instant that he looked up, the tired look disappeared and was replaced with a sly smile.

Both the face and the body very closely resembled the third prince, Xuan Tian Ye; however, the look in his eyes was different. Although Xuan Tian Ye secretly and overtly plotted all kinds of things and tried every day to usurp the throne, his eyes contained more fury. It did not contain this sort of treacherous slyness.

As the group felt startled, they saw the person raise his hand and wipe his face. In that instant, the face that closely resembled Xuan Tian Ye suddenly changed into an unfamiliar face.

Xuan Tian Hua subconsciously muttered: “Appearance changer.”

Feng Yu Heng facepalmed, “There really is such a thing?” But she immediately regained her serious demeanor. Everyone exchanged glances, and the look in their eyes all said the same thing: Sure enough, we’ve been tricked!

Xuan Tian Hua tugged at Feng Yu Heng and urgently said: “Quickly run!”

Just as he said this, he heard a voice come from the head of the procession, “You want to run? It’s not that simple!”

In an instant, hidden lookouts charged out from all sides and surrounded the five people. Everyone in the procession had a sword, a cold light emanated from each one. A conflict seemed to be on the verge of breaking out at any moment.

At this time, inside the county princess’ manor back inside the capital, Feng Zi Rui was acting spoiled while holding his third sister, “In a while, we will need to go and stand vigil. Third sister, bring me out for a trip! Let’s go quickly and return quickly. We won’t be noticed.”

Xiang Rong pouted and pinched his chubby and round cheeks. She shook her head and said: “If you insist on eating the red bean cake from that store, I will have a servant go and buy it. We will need to go over there to stand vigil in under one hour. If we came back late, father will be even angrier. Why bother angering him any further?”

“Third sister!” This child really knew how to soften people up. He knew what Xiang Rong was least able to endure, thus he desperately drove his face into her embrace. He was like a chubby ball, and he was extremely cute. “Third sister, you know that we just want to go out for a walk. I’m begging you to take me. Is that okay? Look, mother is resting. Maternal grandfather is also resting. If we go out quietly, we can just tell the servants that we are going to the Feng manor. How about it?”

Xiang Rong loved this little brother the most. Holding him in her embrace, she wanted to dote on him more. With Zi Rui using this sort of trick to beg her, the little girl was unable to refuse. There was nothing that she could do aside from nod.