455

Coughing Blood

Feng Yu Heng dragged Xuan Tian Ming to enter the palace together. Only when the two were seated in the imperial carriage did she tell Xuan Tian Ming: “Cheng Jun Man just got back from the palace and told me that imperial concubine mother fell ill.”

Xuan Tian Ming frowned and asked her: “Is it serious?”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, “I still don’t know right now. Imperial concubine mother did not allow for an imperial physician to be called, fearing that it would disturb father Emperor. There was nothing that the people of Winter Moon Palace could do. At first, they had gone to the imperial kitchen to fetch some chicken soup, and they happened to see the Cheng shi sisters, thus she quietly told them about it to have them come back to the manor to find me.”

She could only say this much. The Cheng shi sisters did not know anything else. They would only know more once they saw imperial concubine Yun.

Both people then fell silent, and the atmosphere became a little depressed.

The ninth prince and county princess Ji An entered the palace for the second time that day. The imperial guards at the entrance noticed that something was a little off but did not dare ask. They just reminded them: “It’s almost dark out. The palace’s gates will be closed within two hours. If your Highness will be leaving late, just send someone here to say something. This subordinate will leave someone at the gates.”

Xuan Tian Ming nodded and said: “Just leave someone here. We definitely will not be coming out early.” After saying this, he added: “Don’t go talking about how this prince and county princess came back into the palace, especially to father Emperor. Don’t let him know about it. This prince will be going to Winter Moon Palace to see imperial concubine mother.”

The matters between the Emperor and imperial concubine Yun was something that everyone in the palace knew about. Upon hearing that Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng were going to Winter Moon Palace, the soldiers quickly nodded, expressing that they understood that they definitely could not allow the Emperor find out.

Xuan Tian Ming left Bai Ze at the entrance of the palace. Feng Yu Heng brought along Huang Quan and Wang Chuan. The four headed in the direction of Winter Moon Palace. Before they could reach the entrance of the palace, they saw the palace maid in-charge waiting anxiously for them on the path leading to the palace. She was looking around from time to time.

When the group walked closer, the palace maid finally saw them and quickly walked forward. Without any time to salute, in fact, she did not even speak to XuanTian Ming. She immediately grabbed Feng Yu Heng’s hand and urgently said: “County princess, you’ve finally arrived. A few days ago, during the heavy and unending rain, imperial concubine caught a bit of a cold and was unwilling to call an imperial physician. She originally thought that she would be fine, but who knew that after the rain stopped, it would become more and more serious. During the afternoon… she coughed up blood!”

“Coughed up blood?” Xuan Tian Ming was extremely shocked and grabbed Feng Yu Heng’s hand to pull her into Winter Moon Palace.

Imperial concubine Yun had fallen ill, and this caused all of the servants to have worried expressions. Xuan Tian Ming had a sullen expression as he asked the palace maid: “She said that you were not permitted to invite an imperial physician, so you really didn’t go get one? If something serious had happened, who could bear that burden?”

The palace maid also had a bitter expression and spoke while walking: “Your Highness should also understand imperial concubine’s temper. If she says that we cannot go call one, that truly means we cannot go and call one. Even if us servants secretly went to call one, that imperial physician would not be able to get close.”