558

Instantly Interested

Bai Fu Rong just held her head high. With the wind and snow against her face that had become pale from the cold, even her eyebrows became covered in snow. The cold sword at her neck, however, was not as cold as her half-dead heart.

“If you can’t find her, that’s your own ability. If the information is wrong, that would be his Highness the ninth prince deliberately releasing false information to me. Now, there are two kinds of possibilities. One, you guys are stupid idiots. Two, my identity has been exposed. There’s no need to look at me like this. I’m not afraid of dying. Even if you kill me, these wild mountains will just have another corpse is all. I’ve already done all that I can do, and I’ve said all that I can say. As for my father, if I, Bai Fu Rong, truly cannot protect him, then I can only say that this was how his life should be. Who told him to meet with that woman at that time. Who told them to have me. The cycle of cause and effect in this world ends in revenge leading to more revenge. Whether us women live or die is all up to the heavens.”

She lowered her head, revealing a sorrowful expression. She continued to speak in an extremely puzzled tone: “I once heard that Qian Zhou’s ruler treated her with a great amount of love. If I really am the daughter that she lost many years ago, why have I been treated like this? He doesn’t take me back and properly dote on me, instead sending me to do these extremely dangerous things. It really is a joke.”

The more she said, the colder her tone became. By the end, she was faintly laughing, “Just go ahead and kill me. Me dying is also fine. There would be no need to continue suffering. Tell your master that in this life, I only want to be Bai Fu Rong. I don’t like Qian Zhou’s imperial family.”

Like this, the two remained in a deadlock until the cold sword became covered in a layer of snow. Finally, the sword was slowly retracted, and the person in black’s tone softened, saying: “Master does dote on you, but the battle between Da Shun and Qian Zhou is pressing. He is also extremely anxious. Since you said that she returned to the capital, we will go back and search some more. Continue to look around the army. If anything suspicious happens, make a note of it.” After saying this, he disappeared in a flash from the snowy scene.

Bai Fu Rong maintained her earlier unmoving position. She just sat in the snow while holding her chest. It was clear that she had been overly nervous.

Bai Ze hid behind the tree and paid close attention to his surroundings. After making sure that the other person had already left, he finally came out and quickly ran over to Bai Fu Rong’s side.

Bai Fu Rong heard someone running over and was shocked. She thought that the person in black had returned and subconsciously shouted: “If you’ve already scrammed, why have you come back?” Turning her head, however, she found that the person that had arrived at her side was Bai Ze.

She froze in place, her mouth still hanging open. Her expression was still one of despair, but her heart began to race. An even more horrifying feeling surged forward, causing her to begin gasping for air.

She subconsciously retreated, but with her moving, an immense pain came from her twisted ankle. The pain caused a layer of cold sweat to appear on her brow, but she continued to endure and retreat. It was as though Bai Ze was a great scourge. If he got any closer, he would end up eating her.

Bai Ze looked at the girl in front of him and for some reason the feeling of his heartstrings being tugged came once more. He calmed himself and did his best to act normal. Only then did he ask Bai Fu Rong: “Have you been possessed? Sleepwalking?” As he spoke, he regained his usual idiotic appearance. He raised his eyebrows revealing a savage appearance.

Bai Fu Rong was stunned and stopped retreating, looking at him with a stunned expression.

“Tsk tsk.” Bai Ze looked at her in disdain, “What are you doing sitting in the snow on such a cold day? You don’t need to sit when shitting!”