553

The Insane Plan Kicks Off

Feng Yu Heng’s insane plan finally kicked off. When Chou Shu received the 50 taels from madam Lu, and when Yuan Fei watched Feng Yu Heng be taken away by madam Lu, the worry in his heart was not something that he could suppress. It surged forth, and a very frightening intuition rapidly appeared.

He had been a hidden guard for many years. In the face of danger, his intuition was very keen. Presently, intuition told him that Feng Yu Heng leaving their side and going to the North alone was extremely dangerous.

Just as he stepped forward, to pull Feng Yu Heng back, Chou Shu moved first and blocked him, lowering his voice to say: “Keep the big picture in mind.”

Yuan Fei took a deep breath and finally managed to calm himself down slightly, but after calming himself down, he sighed bitterly. Imperial daughter not traveling together with his Highness was already very dangerous. As a result, she ended up coming up with this sort of idea. How could this possibly go well?

At this time, Huang Quan had also returned; however, she did not bring Qing Le with her. She returned to Yuan Fei’s side. Upon seeing that Feng Yu Heng was not present, she knew that she had already been taken away. A tangled expression appeared on her face, but it disappeared very quickly. No matter what was said, the plan was already in motion. They definitely could not hold Feng Yu Heng back.

Thus she respectfully said to Yuan Fei: “Young master, that man in charge of the prostitutes said that woman is not for sale. If young master is interested in his other wares, you can choose another one. Only that one is no good?”

Yuan Fei angrily snorted and flicked his sleeve, saying: “Does he really think that this young master can’t be without her? I give him face, yet he does not want it! Hmph!” He then turned around and quickly walked away.

Huang Quan let out a sigh and carefully looked toward the official road to the North. Madam Lu’s family had already gotten in a carriage and was going away. She helplessly shook her head and quickly followed behind Yuan Fei.

At this time, Feng Yu Heng sat in the Lu family’s carriage. Her eyes were red from crying, and she would occasionally ask madam Lu: “Our young madam will be fine, right? With me leaving like this, young madam will definitely be heartbroken.”

With their former maidservant having been forced out, magistrate Lu was not in a very good mood. Although his manor had many concubines, under madam Lu’s oppression, these concubines spent their days living in fear. Even if they were able to give birth to children, the only ones that could survive were daughters. When those daughters became of marriageable age, they would be married off as concubines to places that would bring the family benefits. Normally, he would be able to spend at most three days each month with a concubine. As for the lower-ranking concubines, they may not even get a chance each month.

Moreover, wasn’t there that one saying. A wife was worse off than a concubine, and a concubine was worse off than a thief. Of course, a thief was worse off than one that had failed to steal.1 That maidservant was in the position of stealing. This combined with her courage allowed her to dare bring magistrate Lu to do such a filthy thing while madam Lu slept. Naturally, her position in magistrate Lu’s heart was different.

It would be very difficult to meet such a unique maidservant in the future! Thinking like this, magistrate Lu felt even more resentful. But he did not dare vent his resentment toward the madam, thus it was vented at Feng Yu Heng as a replacement.

Before madam Lu could reply to what Feng Yu Heng had said, magistrate Lu became angry and suddenly shouted: “You conscienceless little whelp! Who is your young madam? A slave that we have already purchased continues to recognize someone else as their masters. What’s the point of having this sort of slave?”