442

He’s Not the Ninth Prince of Underworld, He’s the Ninth Bodhisattva

Ten li outside of the capital, there was a deep pit that had been opened up by the torrential rains in front of a deserted village. Everyone in the village had already fled, with some going toward the capital and others fleeing elsewhere. The village had long since become deserted. The houses that were already unstable had all collapsed. As far as the eye could see, there was not a single house that was still completely standing.

Feng Yu Heng had Wang Chuan bring her over to the entrance of the village. While walking, Wang Chuan said to her: “Last night, his Highness ordered the soldiers to bring all of the corpses to this place. After gathering them, they would begin to burn them, but the refugees were unhappy. The people that had died were all relatives. They all insisted that they had to be buried in the dirt. But with it raining so heavily, the ground is all mud. Where is there any dirt!”

Feng Yu Heng furrowed her brow and increased her pace forward. Very quickly, they arrived in front of the group of people.

There were a lot of refugees gathered around the entrance of the village. Those that had rested for a night in the shelter, had hot congee to eat and received medicine from Feng Yu Heng have now begun to recover. At this point, they now had the energy to come out and prevent the bodies being burned.

She heard a large number of people crying and screaming. Some were crying for their parents, and some were crying for their children. There were also complaints, pointing at Xuan Tian Ming and Da Shun’s soldiers for being cold-blooded and unfeeling. They formed a human wall, blocking the soldiers’ way. They were completely unwilling to allow the soldiers to pour the fire onto the corpses. Feng Yu Heng looked through the gaps between people and found that a large number of people simply sat inside the pile of corpses. There were a husband and wife hugging a child that had died many days earlier while crying loudly. They repeatedly shouted: “If you must burn them, burn us together!”

Xuan Tian Ming stood in front of the group with his back turned to her. He was not wearing the raincoat that she had specially made for him, nor did he allow for a soldier to hold up an umbrella for him. He just stood in the rain, and Feng Yu Heng could see that his shoulders were slightly twitching. She knew that this person was on the verge of going crazy from these ignorant refugees.

Quickly walking forward, she rushed through the crowd and arrived at Xuan Tian Ming’s side. He turned around and looked at her. He furrowed his brow and said: “Why have you come? Quickly go back!” Saying this, he moved to push her away.

Feng Yu Heng, however, shook her head and grabbed his hand, loudly saying: “I will not leave. I have slept enough. We will face this together.” Seeing that Xuan Tian Ming still did not agree and wanted her to leave, she simply pointed at the refugees around the pile of corpses and said to him: “I will tell them the reasoning behind why the bodies must be burned and what an epidemic is. Even if they are to be buried, they must be cremated before buried. I will tell them the reasoning for them. Trust me!”

Her voice was not quiet, and it was not just Xuan Tian Ming that heard it. The refugees could also hear it, thus someone immediately replied: “What reasoning is there! Of course, they must be buried peacefully!”

Feng Yu Heng turned around and faced the group of refugees. After thinking a bit, she frankly reached into her sleeve and pulled out her megaphone. The people just saw her pull out a weird item and place it next to her mouth. When she spoke up once more, her voice had suddenly become loud. It was loud enough that everyone could hear it clearly over the heavy rain. They heard Feng Yu Heng say: “Can they be peacefully buried? Everyone, take a look. Right now, where is there any soil? It’s all mud! It’s currently raining heavily, and there are floods everywhere. Even if they could somehow be buried in the mud, they will definitely be washed away after a night, and you will not even be able to see them!”