432

The Death of Chen Yu

It was raining heavily outside. Although the inside of the carriage was separated by wood, there was still plenty of moisture.

Xiang Rong was completely soaked, and she was placed on a tiger-fur seat. The once luscious and thick blanket was immediately soaked. She subconsciously moved to stand up, not wanting to ruin this person’s things, but there was a hand gently pressing down on her shoulder, pushing the person standing up back down.

“Just keep sitting. It’s fine.” It was still that faint voice; however, it was very calming.

Xiang Rong looked up at that person. The person’s formerly clean white clothes had become soaked from going outside to save her. His hair was also soaked; however, he did not lose his refined appearance. She could not control herself, and tears filled her eyes. In a timid manner, she spoke up using a voice that could barely be heard, “Your Highness the seventh prince.”

This person was Xuan Tian Hua. He helped Xiang Rong sit down before moving his hand from her shoulder. He then sat across from her and ignored that he was wet. Frowning slightly, he asked her: “Where are you going?”

Before waiting for Xiang Rong to reply, Yu Qian Yin, who was sitting to the side, suddenly said: “It’s you? Third young miss of the Feng family?” She then looked out the window and asked: “Where is the Bu family’s general? Is he not together with you?”

Xiang Rong was stunned and did not know how she should reply to this question. She just looked at Xuan Tian Hua, a hint of resistance appearing in her eyes.

“Answer my question.” Xuan Tian Hua stared at her and said: “Where are you going?”

“Why did you start crying?” Yu Qian Yin’s voice sounded once more. Tilting her head, she looked at Xiang Rong in confusion: “Could it be that you were hurt from the fall just now?” While saying this, she handed over a cloth towel.

Xiang Rong was feeling a little irritated and received the towel, replying: “I did not cry. It’s rain from my hair.” She then replied to Xuan Tian Hua’s question before waiting for Yu Qian Yin to reply: “I am going to the execution stage. Eldest sister will be executed today. I heard that second sister has already gone. I also want to take a look.”

Xuan Tian Hua frowned and asked her: “What’s there to watch with someone getting killed?”

Xiang Rong put down the towel and calmly said: “There’s nothing really not worth watching. Your Highness, where are you going? If we are going the same way, just send me there. If we’re going in different directions, just let me out. I can go on my own.”

Xuan Tian Hua shook his head and gently sighed. This child was no longer the same as before. He could not remember when he had first met Xiang Rong, but in his memory, she always followed behind Feng Yu Heng, and she had a timid appearance. Whenever she saw him, her face would turn red, and she would not dare to speak. Afterward, he became relatively familiar with her, and it was mostly because of Feng Yu Heng. He had acted to protect this girl a few times, but there had not been any further interaction. That was why he did not know when this girl had become like this. Losing her former timidness, it was replaced by her current bold stubbornness. Her eyes seemed to be a bit more resolute. She had been born with an appearance that was slightly similar to Feng Yu Heng. Now that she was like this, she seemed to look a bit like Feng Yu Heng.

Xuan Tian Hua looked at her for a while and did not say anything aside from: “We were just about to go to the execution stage. We will bring you over.”

Xiang Rong clearly replied: “Thank you.” She then leaned back in the carriage and slightly closed her eyes, not making a sound.

Yu Qian Yin sat at Xuan Tian Hua’s side and spoke to him about how Xiang Rong had fallen off of the bridge only to be saved by the Bu family’s general. As she spoke, she said to Xiang Rong: “I heard that you became engaged to that general from the Bu family? Congratulations, congratulations! Just look at how you fell from the bridge, and he happened to come and save you. This truly is fate. Don’t you think so?”