530

The Distance Caused by Wine

Reaching the dock, Xuan Tian Ming’s group bought over ten fast horses and a carriage then rushed in the direction of the capital.

Zi Rui was saved, and Qian Zhou’s divine archery team was wiped out; however, nobody was able to ensure that there would not be any other enemies hidden elsewhere. The North had defected to the enemy, and this was equivalent to opening a large hole in Da Shun. The enemy could enter as they pleased, and it could not be stopped.

Along the way, Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Zi Rui were working together to provide Feng Yu Heng with some “ideological training” with the main reason being that Zi Rui wanted to lay down the pen and pick up a sword. He still wanted to stand on the same battlefield as Feng Yu Heng, and he even gave himself a pompous reason: “Elder sister, don’t you want to protect me? If you don’t keep me at your side, how will you protect me!” While saying this, he waved his small hand in front of her: “If I am not at your side, you protected me to the point that I lost a finger. If I lost a few more, I wouldn’t even be able to pick up chopsticks.”

Feng Yu Heng feared this the most, and her eyes immediately began to turn red. Not to mention putting down the pen to pick up a sword, even if this child said that he wanted to spend his life laying around and counting money, she would have to be willing.

Thus the end result of this matter was Feng Yu Heng deciding to compromise; however, she agreed with Feng Zi Rui: “When the matters are taken care of after returning to the capital, you will come with me to the military camp, and you will learn martial arts from the soldiers. You will learn the art of war from the support group. You cannot slack off at any time.”

Feng Zi Rui nodded, “Elder sister, don’t worry. I know what I want.” While he spoke, he appeared to be in high spirits. How could this be the appearance of an eight-year-old child? It was just that this precociousness that caused Feng Yu Heng to feel a little sad. If possible, she would rather her younger brother be a little simpler. She would spread her wings to protect him and provide him with a joyful childhood.

The carriage continued to advance, and Feng Yu Heng’s nerves finally began to relax. Leaning against Xuan Tian Ming, she fell into a deep sleep after just a short while. Xuan Tian Ming held this girl tightly in his embrace, and a heartache that could not be expressed appeared.

Because Ban Zou required Yao Xian to save him, and because of all of the things that had occurred this time around, they would need to enter the palace to greet the Emperor, thus Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng did not return directly to the military camp. Instead, they were rushing toward the capital.

When they finally passed through the capital’s gates, Feng Yu Heng tightly held her chest, feeling that her heart had fallen from a very dangerous place before finally returning to its original location.

She smiled bitterly, “In the past, I did not think that the capital provided peace of mind, but that was because I had not experienced anything too big, and that sense of belonging did not come so easily.”

After entering the capital, the hidden guards dispersed while heading toward the Yu Palace. Bai Ze drove the carriage, bringing the group toward the Yao manor first. As a result, they came up empty. The servants of the Yao manor said: “Master has gone into the palace. He was called by his Majesty to drink wine.” The words that were said were very practiced. It was clear that this sort of thing had become exceedingly common.

Feng Yu Heng was extremely speechless. On their way into the palace, she said to Xuan Tian Ming: “Can you have your dad not always tie up my grandfather? At such an old age, he can’t keep drinking that much.”