547

A-Heng, I Can Only Help You With This Bit

The foot that Bai Fu Rong had raised remained in midair without being put down. Looking toward where the sound had come from, she saw Bai Ze looking at her through the flames. The cold light that came from his gaze leaped out at her. When the moonlight lit up his face, his appearance was quite frightening.

Bai Fu Rong’s heart went “thump” before she quickly managed to recover. She knew that Bai Ze had been sitting beside the fire the entire time, thus she let out an exaggerated sigh and patted her chest while gesturing for Bai Ze to keep quiet. She then tiptoed over to the entrance of the cave and quietly said: “Don’t wake his Highness up.”

Bai Ze raised an eyebrow, “Where are you going?’

Bai Fu Rong glared: “What’s it to you!”

Bai Ze squinted his eyes and looked at her for a while then stood up to follow her. Bai Fu Rong angrily raised her foot to kick him, but Bai Ze avoided this.

“You damn woman, are you insane?” Bai Ze patted the robes that had become covered in dirt. His face was filled with fury, as he glared at Bai Fu Rong, “Me following you is for your own good. What would we do if you were carried away in the middle of the night by a hawk?”

“I am not a small chick!” Bai Fu Rong also became angry, “It’s the middle of the night, and I want to go and relieve myself. If a grown man like you came with me, that would truly be too much! If you want to handle things like this, I won’t take care of this job.”

Bai Ze was speechless. His goodwill had been treated as ill intent, “Go on, go on! I can’t be bothered with you.” He sat back down in an annoyed manner and pouted while stoking the fire with a piece of wood.

Bai Fu Rong let out a “hmph” then quickly stepped out.

Not long after she stepped out of the cave, the once angry Bai Ze that was stoking the fire suddenly stopped. A sly thought appeared in his mind, and he threw down the piece of wood before sneaking out to follow behind her.

Bai Fu Rong moved through the tents and occasionally looked at the sky. The goshawk circled for a bit then went one way to land. She increased her pace and climbed up a stretch of a hill before ducking into some woods and heading in the direction that the goshawk had flown.

She did not know martial arts. Even if she was alert and knew to pay attention to her surroundings, she was still unable to notice Bai Ze trailing behind her. But at the same time, Bai Ze could not do anything to get closer. After all, Bai Fu Rong would be easy to deal with on her own, but he did not know where the person that sought her out in the middle of the night was hiding, nor did he know how many were present.

Like this, they continued forward for roughly half a stick of incense in time before Bai Fu Rong suddenly had her mouth covered from behind and was dragged off to the side. Her forehead became soaked in a cold sweat in fear, and she struggled a few times before hearing a voice come from behind her head: “Don’t move.” She was startled then immediately realized that the person was the one that had called her out. Calming down slightly, she did not continue to struggle. When the other side let her go, she turned around to look and found that it was a person in black clothes that had their face hidden. Only a pair of long and thin eyes could be seen.

That person stared at Bai Fu Rong for a while then coldly said: “Did anyone follow you out?”

Bai Fu Rong revealed an irritated expression, as she angrily said: “Whether or not someone followed me out, that sort of thing should be handled by you guys! I don’t have the ability that you do. How could I know if anyone followed.” She was filled with anger and had no place to vent. Upon seeing these black clothes, the anger began to pour out.