522

Mysterious Wooden Box

There was water on the deck. The little girl tried a couple times but was unable to get up. The bearded man waved his whip once more and was about to strike the girl’s body.

Suddenly, the man felt his vision blur, as it seemed that something flashed past his eyes then disappeared. His whip missed and fiercely struck the deck of the ship, and the girl slave had disappeared.

The sound of the whip striking the deck was very loud and brought the owner of the ship out. The old man shouted: “Do you want to die? This boat is on a river. If you broke it with your whip, the first one that I send to feed the fishes will be you!”

The bearded man was a very stern master. Upon hearing the owner of the boat speak so impolitely, he raised his whip without a single word and was about to whip him.

With such a scene unfolding, the boatmen also became unhappy. They all rushed forward to tug at him. In addition to this, other passengers that were enjoying the show began to criticize the bearded man. Not long later, the bearded man stopped. He also knew what it meant to ruin the deck of a boat. But he very quickly recalled the reason for him accidentally whipping the deck. Thus he quickly looked around and finally stopped in a certain location. He just saw a young girl around 12 or 13 years in age asking her slave all kinds of things. At her side was a man that wore a bamboo hat. For some reason, he felt that this person in the bamboo hat was staring at him, and this stare was causing him to feel chilly.

“Hmph!” He calmed himself down and angrily snorted to give himself confidence. He took a few steps forward then loudly said: “What great courage! There were actually robbers on this boat? That is my slave. Why have you stolen her away?” At first, he wanted to curse and insult, but the ugly words that had reached his lips could not be spoken. A feeling of danger assaulted his mind. His intuition told him that once those words were spoken, they would immediately get him killed. But the slave belonged to him. He had not done anything wrong, thus he should once more: “You little slut! Get back here!”

The little girl trembled in fear but still walked uncontrollably toward the bearded man. She was a slave. Her slave contract was in his hands. What could she do if she did not go back?

But after taking just two steps, Feng Yu Heng grabbed her hand and tugged her back a little, causing the girl to go back to her.

The bearded man saw it clearly and asked in dissatisfaction: “What exactly are you doing?”

Feng Yu Heng gave Wang Chuan a look, and Wang Chuan immediately raised her voice to say: “Do you not have eyes? We are inspecting the goods!”

“Inspecting the goods?”

“You don’t say!” Huang Quan cursed: “Aren’t you a slave seller? We want to buy this girl. We naturally need to inspect the goods to see if she is well-behaved or not.”

When that person heard that they were buying a slave, he immediately put on a smiling face. Taking a few more steps forward, he began to market this slave. Feng Yu Heng was annoyed from hearing this and brought the girl back to her room. Xuan Tian Ming ordered: “Buy her.” He then followed her in, leaving Huang Quan and Wang Chuan to complete the deal with the bearded man.

When the three entered the room, Xuan Tian Ming immediately closed the door behind him. He then heard Feng Yu Heng immediately ask the girl: “Quickly tell elder sister. Where did you get this red string on your wrist?”

There was a red string tied to the girl’s wrist. It looked very normal, and even the bearded man did not pay any attention to it. If the little girl wore it, she wore it. But Feng Yu Heng recognized it. That red string was something that she had brought out of her space. Zi Rui felt that it was pretty and decided to wear it on his wrist. That string was not something from this era. She trusted that it was impossible to find this sort of thing in this era. But because it was already very dirty, it was hard to notice without looking carefully.