429

If You Curse Me, Even the King of Heaven Will be Unhappy

Perhaps Feng Jin Yuan could accept being demoted and chased from home. After all, such a large situation had occurred with Feng Chen Yu. It was impossible that the imperial family would not have any thoughts. But upon mentioning the deed, his heart sank. He had taken half a step into a hole.

It’s over. He had used the deed to borrow money from Feng Yu Heng. The pre-determined return date had not yet arrived, and he did not have one million taels of silver prepared. How should he go and retrieve this deed?

Seeing that Feng Jin Yuan’s expression was not quite right, An shi stepped forward and gently said: “Husband, the family should suffer together and rejoice together. This is nothing. Whether a residence is large or small, it does not matter. As long as we have a place to live, that is enough. If the deed must be returned, just return it. We will move.”

Jin Zhen also said: “That’s right, with so many things happening at this manor, I keep feeling that it is unlucky. Moving would be good.”

If this was under normal circumstances, Feng Jin Yuan might have felt moved from hearing An shi say such things, but how could he still have the mind to feel moved? With his mind running hot, he suddenly said: “Move, why move? We won’t move! My Feng family has lived in this manor for many years. Which part of this manor has not been taken care of? Could it be that I must cup my hands and make concessions just like this? 8000 is 8000. Even if I must melt down pots to sell the iron, I cannot allow mother to live uncomfortably.”

In his eagerness, he had brought out the matriarch. It sounded like he was being a good son, but the matriarch did not appreciate this. She just asked Feng Jin Yuan: “Melt down pots to sell the iron? How much money could that be sold for? In order to marry that vile woman from Qian Zhou, you already spent all of the money in the manor. I will no longer live in this courtyard. Just bring the deed out. There is no need to wait for another four days. We will move out right now!”

Everyone was in agreement. Zhang Yuan also nodded, saying: “Elder madam is right. Rather than forcefully keeping up appearances, it would be better to live peacefully.” While saying this, he reached into his sleeve and pulled out a piece of paper, “This is the deed for the residence on the Southwest side of the capital. Lord Feng, hand over the deed for this side.”

Feng Jin Yuan’s face was red, and everyone was waiting for him to hand over the deed, but he did not bring it out. Cheng Jun Man was puzzled: “Is husband still unwilling to part with this place?”

Feng Jin Yuan nodded, “After living here for many years, how could I possibly move out just like that.” After thinking a little, he finally managed to come up with an excuse, “In three days, Chen Yu will be executed. I want to hold a ritual for her at home. Even if it is not for her, it needs to be done for the Feng family to live peacefully in the future. It would be best if the ritual was done at the old manor to prevent harming the new place.”

With him saying this, the matriarch was in agreement, saying: “That’s right, to perform a ritual for a dead person immediately after moving in would be too unlucky. It would be best to have it done here.”

Upon hearing this, Zhang Yuan did not continue pressing the issue. With a wave of his hand, he returned the deed to his sleeve then said: “Then we will return in a few days time.” After saying this, he quickly left with his group of eunuchs.

Feng Jin Yuan finally let out a sigh of relief, but this was only temporary. He had four days at most. After four days, he would still need to face the problem of handing over the deed. At this very moment, he also began to hate Feng Chen Yu. If it was not for her causing all of this, he would not have been demoted, and the Feng family would not have been chased out!