492

Feng Yu Heng’s Flaw

With Feng Yu Heng’s order, Wang Chuan very quickly brought the soldiers back. This time, they rushed straight into the hall and very impolitely arrested Feng Jin Yuan.

Feng Jin Yuan was about to collapse, loudly shouting: “I am your father! I am the head of the Feng family! If I die, what benefit is there to you?”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head: “There’s no benefit, but if you die, we can continue living. But if we allow you to continue living, we will all die with you.”

Her words were a bit of a tongue twister, but people were still able to understand. In this world, there were no walls that did not leak. If Feng Jin Yuan truly brought Xiao Jing into the manor, it would be exposed sooner or later. At that time, the Feng family would truly be unable to speak for itself.

In this family, things had already developed to this point. In truth, there was already nobody that would stand at Feng Jin Yuan’s side. However, there was still Fen Dai. Although she could not accept this matter, and she was still feeling outraged for her concubine mother, if Feng Jin Yuan was truly taken away, the first thing that she thought of was her marriage. She feared that the engagement that had been agreed upon with great difficult would become void, and she feared even more that she would not have the Feng family to rely on. Even if the fifth prince married her, she would have no ability to stand on her own.

Upon thinking of this, Fen Dai quickly stepped forward and loudly said: “No! You can’t take my father away.”

Feng Jin Yuan was so moved that he nearly cried. He had never favored nor doted on this fourth daughter. He never even looked at her much when she was growing up, but only Fen Dai was willing to stand up for him at this critical moment.

Fen Dai’s face was covered in tears, the majority of which were a result of being scared. She turned and begged Feng Yu Heng: “Second sister, in any case, he is our father. Can you let him go?” Before waiting for Feng Yu Heng to replying, she added: “If second sister will not let him go, I will go and find his Highness the fifth prince.” As she said this, her voice became sharp, and some anger appeared in her eyes. Fen Dai reached out and, like Feng Jin Yuan, pointed at Feng Yu Heng. Using the same words, she asked her: “With father being taken away, what benefits are there?”

Once these words were said, not to mention Feng Yu Heng, even the others could not bear to continue listening. Anshi spoke up: “Fourth young miss, second young miss is saving us.”

Xiang Rong also added: “It’s not second sister that told them to take him away. It’s father that committed a crime. It’s the government that wants to take him away.”

Fen Dai loudly screamed: “I am going to look for his Highness the fifth prince. I will have his Highness ask for father’s forgiveness!” Saying this, she moved to go out; however, she heard Feng Yu Heng giggling behind her. The sound caused her scalp to feel numb.

“You can go look for him.” Feng Yu Heng said: “This imperial daughter wants to see if his Highness the fifth prince will dare to do anything about this matter. Even if he does, will the governor dare to listen.” After saying this, she turned her cold gaze over to Fen Dai, “Listen up, if that woman is allowed to enter the manor, the entire Feng family will be executed, sooner or later. But if this shameless father is gone, from this day forward, you will be my, imperial daughter Ji An’s younger sisters. When you get married, your status will be much nobler than just the daughter of a fifth-ranked official.”

Perhaps Fen Dai did not take the first part to heart, but the last words were too tempting to her. The person that had been moving to call for help immediately stopped. A light appeared in her eyes, as they carried a bit of expectation.