469

Your Life Is Not Worth Any Money

Duan Mu Qing shouting “ghost” caused the troops to retreat, one step at a time. Everyone had their eyes opened wide, looking at the white figure that had suddenly appeared in front of them. Some of the people with sharper eyes noticed that it was the girl that they had been attacking. Apparently, it was the capital’s county princess Ji An, but…

Everyone craned their necks and looked toward Xuan Tian Hua’s side. Even the archers fixed their gazes on them and found that the four people had already begun to spread out. The spot in the middle was clear for all to see. They all rubbed their eyes and looked desperately. Only then did they find that the county princess that had been standing between the four had already disappeared.

“Ghost! There really is a ghost!” Someone shouted in an alarmed voice, immediately causing everyone to inhale sharply. Even the people holding bows began to tremble, gradually turning their heads.

For a moment, there was a surge of discussion among the troops from the North. They could clearly hear them say: “She did not move at all. She did not come out at all!”

“Those white clothes had suddenly appeared in the air earlier!”

“Could it be top-tier qinggong?”

“Impossible! That’s something that not even a counter hidden guard could do.”

Countless words filled Duan Mu Qing’s mind and formed a single phrase. He stared at Feng Yu Heng with an ashen-white face and said: “You… are not human!”

“Hahahaha!” Feng Yu Heng smirked and laughed. She laughed in an arrogant and horrifying manner. She told Duan Mu Qing: “You are correct. I am not a human at all. I am the king of hell that has come for your life!” After saying this, she wrapped around behind Duan Mu Qing’s back while walking on the carriage, but her hand never left his neck. Digging her sharp nails into his flesh, five bloody marks appeared. “If you want your deputy leader to keep his life, throw your weapons on the ground!” She loudly shouted. Her clear voice echoed the forest a few times, and it was loud enough for everyone to hear it.

Some were unable to contain the fear in their hearts and immediately did as instructed; however, there were some that were a little bolder and felt unreconciled. They wanted to see Duan Mu Qing’s defense. Of the archers, there was not a single one that put down their weapon. They continued to aim their arrows at Xuan Tian Hua’s group of four.

The ghostly atmosphere from earlier had been reduced slightly. After all, when she spoke, her voice was still very clearly human. These soldiers had all rolled out of pools of blood. Although they felt afraid, it was not enough for them to feel completely stupefied. Moreover, they were already feeling depressed. They were two hundred people, yet they could not defeat five? If word of this was spread back to the North, could they still have any face?

Thinking like this, they people that had thrown down their weapons felt their hearts stir once more. Someone used their feet to kick up their weapon, and someone else frankly shouted in a loud voice: “A little girl wants to strangle our deputy leader with just one hand? In your dreams!”

Once this was said, Duan Mu Qing trembled, and Feng Yu Heng immediately sneered from behind him: “Heh! I wonder if this is doubting me or trusting you. Duan Mu Qing, tell me, do you have the ability to escape from my grasp?”

Duan Mu Qing’s forehead became soaked in sweat. In the eyes of others, Feng Yu Heng was just a little girl in her early teens. She was not yet of age, and she was thin and small. Just using one of her small hands to grab his neck, what could possibly happen? But he understood that the icy thing clamped around his neck was not a hand. It was something even harder than metal. Her five fingernails had already dug into his flesh. He had no doubt that if he moved at all, those fingernails would immediately dig into him, crushing his throat and pulling out all of the flesh and blood with it.