chun 'n joonie x namseok

little: namjoon
caregiver: hoseok
age range: 4-6

"joon, have you fed chun yet?" hoseok peeked into the leader's room

namjoon nodded as he pressed his hands against the clear tank. chun was his pet mantis! the boy was observing the mantis with his front legs in an upraised position as it watched the live caterpillar, getting ready to pounce on the prey. the older one came over to watch as well, a smile on his face when joon clapped his hands when the mantis caught the caterpillar.

two pairs of arms lifted up in contentment when it began eating. "it's always fun seeing chun eat, right joonie?" hoseok asked as they walked out the room, knowing that the mantis had eaten already. namjoon nodded at his question.

the boy didn't really talk much in little space. maybe two to three words escaping past his lips occasionally. he kept things to himself although he did enjoy hoseok's company - and his questions. that was the only way the rapper could get answers from him but he didn't really mind. whatever works with joon, works with him.

they later settled down in the living room. hoseok laid on the sofa while the younger one sat on the rug because 'he thinks it's more comfortable.' the boy built a castle with the blocks scattered around the living room floor, tugging on his caregiver's sleeve to get his attention.

the rapper glared at namjoon before sitting up and leaning his chest to the ground, elbows resting on his thighs. "woah. you're really good at building, sweetheart. you even added a balcony to it! good job!" his caregiver amused and clapped his hands to praise namjoon. the boy smiled but looked away, not wanting his hyung to see the blush creeping on his cheeks.

after the praise, namjoon got up from the floor and sprinted to the staircase yet stopped when he heard his name being called. "joonie, careful." hoseok warned him. the little one pouted but understood the consequences.

it was no fun when he got hurt.

so now he walked to his room, passing by his mantis' tank to grab his pacifier on his nightstand. "bye bye." he whispered to the small critter, waving before he left the room now that he got what he wanted.

skipping to his caregiver he gave him his pacifier and then pointed at his shirt.

hoseok already knew what to do from the gestures and the objects the little one handed him. his caregiver held his hand so he could stay still for a bit since he was jumping in place. clasping the clip on the boy's brown overalls instead of the navy hoodie underneath since it would slip off. "there you go, baby." his hyung smiled and pet his head.

namjoon thanked him with a hug and sat back down on the rug, running his fingers through it. a strap fell off his shoulder since the overalls were just a bit big on him yet he didn't pay attention as he was carefully taking apart the castle he made a couple minutes ago.

his caregiver played around with him but was soon interrupted when he got a notification on his phone.

it was a message from yoongi: 'have you gotten groceries for the week?' it read. hoseok sat in silence leaving the little one quite confused on why he suddenly stopped interacting with him. 'yeah.' he typed.