57

Ahsoka blinked her eyes open blearily. She had her head in Rex's lap, looking up at him. He was leaning against a little decorative shelf in the wall, just wide enough for an elbow. He was snoring slightly, his cheek resting on one hand while his other was wrapped around Ahsoka. Ahsoka smiled and glanced down the hallway they had set a blanket up in to make sure they were alone. Satisfied, she untangled herself from her fiance's embrace.

She wrapped the blanket around him and pressed a kiss to his forehead. Rex's eyes fluttered open lazily, and he smiled faintly before going back to sleep. Ahsoka brushed a gentle hand through his too-long hair and smirked.

She stood and stretched, feeling her joints crack and her muscles ache. She glanced at the time. She had slept a few hours, but not too long. She hadn't felt too bad for the exertion of earlier, but now she was feeling the soreness set in. Her legs were complaining for the running and jumping, and her back and shoulders were in knots from the climb.

She pulled out her lightsabers and moved a suitable distance down the hall from her beloved. If she had learned anything, there was nothing she could do but suck it up and work through it. She ignited the blades and lengthened the yellow shoto. She blew out a long breath and began to go through her katas.

The simple forms were comforting as she went through her form five strikes with a single saber before moving to her jar'kai. She she finally landed in a crouch facing her and Rex's hallway, lashing out and stabbing her blades behind her. She paused there, panting.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you not to sneak up on people with lightsabers?" She asked.

"Ah, but if you knew I was there then I wasn't sneaking, was I?" Saw said, leaning against the wall. Ahsoka rolled her eyes and turned around to face him.

"Is there something you need?" She asked, impatient. Saw nodded.

"Comm from Skywalker. He asked to see you." He reported. Ahsoka nodded and scrubbed at her arms and battle-worn clothes from that morning.

"I want a shower." She grumbled. Saw grimaced.

"We all do." He pulled at his own grimy attire. Ahsoka gave a grim smile.

"Well, best not to keep my master waiting. He's not the most patient jedi. Lead the way." Ahsoka instructed, following him down the corridor.

The blue and grey cast of the hologram did nothing to hide what a mess Anakin was. His hair was a bird's nest, dark circles rimmed his eyes, and his face was pinched and drawn. Some of the tension left his posture though when he caught sight of Ahsoka.

"You're ok." He breathed, "Steela said you'd passed out."

Ahsoka snorted. "I was tired after a battle so I took a nap. That's not the same as passing out." She said belligerently. The corners of Anakin's mouth turned up.

"I'd say it depends on how fast you fall asleep." He said. Ahsoka chuckled a bit.

"Anyways, let's cut to the chase. Are we receiving aid or not." She said at last. Anakin slumped again.

"No. You will not be receiving aid from the republic or the jedi order." He said exhaustedly. Ahsoka's shoulders hunched too as she scrubbed at her eyes tiredly. "But..." Anakin said, making Ahsoka open her eyes again. He glanced around at something off camera. "I've sent Fives, armed with blackmail and a large sum of credits to a mutual... friend. Third party and able to provide aid."

Ahsoka glared at him. "You didn't. Anyone but him, master." She begged. Anakin raised his hands.

"Too late. Fives and Hondo will arrive the day after tomorrow morning with some arms. Be ready." He confirmed. Ahsoka sighed and dug at her eyes again.