60

Rex woke up slowly, letting himself just float lazily in the half awake darkness for a while. Ahsoka was curled up next to him, her head laying on his chest. Rex opened his eyes and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Good morning." He whispered throatily. Ahsoka stirred and cuddled up into him more.

"'S too early. Go ba' teh sleep." She slurred, pressing her face into his chest. Rex wrapped an arm around her and pulled her to his chest, humming softly. He glanced at the time and sighed.

"Ahsoka, we have to get up. We have work to do." He reminded her gently. Ahsoka clung to him tighter.

"Nu uh. You're not getting up yet. Too early." She said petulantly. Rex gave her a sleepy kiss before untangling her from him. He wrapped the blankets tighter around her and gave her another kiss on the forehead before walking to the refresher.

He turned the shower on and glanced in the mirror. His chest and back were covered in scratches and bruises and even some bite marks from Ahsoka. He didn't care, even though the hot water made some of the deeper ones sting slightly.

He soaped down and cleaned off, rolling his neck as the hot water ran down his back. He smiled slightly as the shower door clicked open and Ahsoka stepped in behind him, leaning her forehead against his back.

"You look like you fell in a rancor den." She mumbled. Rex laughed and passed her the soap.

"Courtesy of you, Cyare." He chuckled.

"Dang right courtesy of me." She grumbled. Rex just laughed.

"Hurry up. I have work to do." He said, stepping out of the shower and grabbing a towel.

"Why do I have to hurry?" She called, scrubbing down and rinsing off.

"Because you're the padawan commander, and we probably have a crap ton of paperwork and briefings to sit through." He responded, tugging on his blacks and snapping on his armor. Ahsoka sighed.

"True. See you at the briefing." She sighed.

Anakin blinked when they walked out onto the command center to collect their paperwork and report for briefings. He was even more surprised when they apologized for being late.

"I didn't expect you guys to come in at all. I cleared your schedules for today and left tomorrow mostly blank. Thought you would want some time to yourselves." He supplied.

Ahsoka frowned. "Who's covering us? You hate paperwork and I don't even know if Fives  is literate." She asked skeptically. Anakin shrugged.

"We managed while you guys were gone alright. We didn't explode the cruiser and have had minimal casualties on our last campaign." He supplied, ushering them out the door. Ahsoka dug her heels in.

"Master-"

"Ah ah ah ah ah. Don't 'master' me. You guys are getting the day to yourselves. Got it?" Anakin succeeded in getting them out. Ahsoka stopped again, looking over her shoulder.

"Alright. Fine. We'll entertain ourselves for the day. Can I have a word with you though?" She asked, glancing at Rex then back at him. "Jedi stuff?" Rex got the hint and nodded at her.

"You two talk and I'll go start on Ahsoka's instruction manual that Kix provided." He offered. Anakin snickered at his term for the giant file Kix had sent on togruta biology to Rex's datapad.

Once Rex was out of earshot, Ahsoka turned back to Anakin and glanced at the security cameras.

"Let's talk in the padawan training room." Sje suggested. Anakin nodded, catching her drift. As soon as they were away from the pryong eyes of anyone who knew how to hack, Ahsoka relaxed.