Louis POV : Part 14

Ever since Harry told me Jill left because of me I have felt terrible.  I know that it will take time to get over but I do feel just a tiny amount better after dropping Eleanor's things off.  Maybe it actually will help.  I wish there was something I could do to get Jill to come back.  I spot Harry's phone on his desk.  He is in the shower.  I should get her number and see if I could talk her into coming back.  Maybe she will see that I'm not who she thinks I am.

I type her number into my phone and add to my contacts.  'it's Louis, I got your number from Harry's phone.  I did what you said and went to get closure.  I just wanted to thank you.'  I wonder if she'll even write back.  Once she sees it's me she might just ignore it.

I am surprised when I actually get a response back.    'I hope you find happiness soon.'   What a jerk I am.  Even after what I said to her last night she still wishes for me to be happy.  Maybe I was wrong about her.

'I'd be happy if you didn't leave.'  Was that too creepy?  I am not trying to hit on her anything.  Just want to say the right thing to keep her from getting on the plane.

I get a response back right away.  Maybe that's a good thing.  'Ha ha, very funny Harry.  It's not going to work.'  Oh great, now she thinks I am Harry trying to mess with her.  I probably just made it worse.

I have to think of something to say and quick.  'it's not harry, I promise.  just come back.'

After that message I don't get a response back so I have no idea if she is going to stay or go.  I can't believe I care enough to even try to get her to come back.  I'd probably feel more comfortable without her here.  I look on Harry's phone where he has a picture of him with her.  It would be nice to have a girl in the house again even if we are to just be friends, if she wants to be friends, if she even decides to come back.

The doorbell rings and I put Harry's phone down.  It couldn't be...I was just texting with her.  Unless she was already on her way back and she was messing with me.  I look in my reflection on my phone to see what my hair looks like.  Why does it even matter?  I walk to the door and open it with a smile.  My smile quickly turns into a frown.  "Oh hi, Eleanor,"  I say.  Why is she here?  I should be happy, right?

"I just had to see you again," she says.  I don't move so she could walk in.  I don't think it would be a good idea.  "Can I come in?"

"Sure," I say as I step to the side so she could come in and I close the door behind her.  I don't know what to think about this.  I was all set never to see her again but now that she's here I think I am happy about it.  Before I can ask her what she's doing here she kisses me.  At first I am stunned and I don't do anything but I soon kiss her back.

"Who was at the door?  Did Jill come back?"  I jump backwards away from Eleanor at the sound of his voice.  He has a towel around his waist.  "Oh...hi, Eleanor."

She waves to him and I can tell she feels a little embarrassed.  I do too.  I don't know what came over me.  Does this mean she wants to get back together?  This is everything I was hoping for right?  "I should get going," she says.

"That's it?" I ask.  "You come here, kiss me, then you're just going to leave?  Do you even want to get back together?"  I feel myself starting to get a little angry with her.

At first she doesn't answer me.  She just looks at me.  I can tell from the look in her eyes the answer is no.  I can't even look at her.  "I am so sorry."

"I think you should go," I say, still looking away.  She leaves and I close the door behind her.  You would think I would be even more devastated but I actually feel relieved.