Louis POV : Part 26

We only have a few more weeks off until we start recording the new album.  I hope in those weeks I will be able to spend more time with Jill and get to know her better.  We still haven't really hung out alone together besides that disaster day at the batting cages but we both weren't in the right mind then.  I think she might like me a bit.  Sometimes we subtlety flirt but I think she's waiting for me to make the first move and I'm waiting on her.  Every time I think I may want to ask her out I always think about the fact my travel schedule is what ended my last relationship and we are gearing up to record and the go back on tour.

Last week Jill's friend from back home gave her this "brilliant" idea to get some room dividers to put around her couch to make it a little more private.  She's been spending more time in there and less time out here with us.  There's only a few more days until she starts her job at the radio station then she will move out.  She has not hidden her feelings about how soon she wants to move.  I wish she would just stick around long enough for me to get the courage up to ask her out.

I have these tickets to a football game I got ages ago and I want her to go with me. Finally she has come out of her corner.  "Good morning," I say, hoping she will stay here and talk to me for a bit.

"Morning, Louis," she says as she makes herself a bowl of cereal.  "Do you have any big plans for this lovely Friday?"  It's raining out, of course, I love her sarcasm.

"Just lounging around the house.  What about you?"  Please say nothing, please say nothing.

"I've actually been asked to dinner by the show I'll be working for at the station.  They want to get to know me better."  I bet they do.  I've listened to this show she's going to work for, nothing but crude humor.

I have to act now before she falls in love with one of those boneheads.  "I have these tickets to a football game tomorrow.  Would you want to go with me?"  I hope I don't sound too desperate.

"Yeah, sure I'll go."  She sounds happy.  "Thanks for asking me."

"I couldn't think of anyone else I'd want to go with me."  Was that too much?  I suddenly feel I went too cheesy with that line.  But it's true.

She tries to hide her smile but isn't successful.   "Tell Harry I went out to get a new outfit for tonight.  I want to make a good impression.  See you later."  She grabs her bag off of the counter and almost skips out the door. I was kinda hoping she would wear baggy sweatpants and a tshirt.