Jill POV : Part 39

It's a little strange having the house to myself.  I am used to at least the guys being here and it's never this quiet.  It'll be a nice change of pace though.  I'll have time to think about what I am going to do about Louis.  I know it's not easy dating a celebrity but it's not like I can undo what has been done.  Plus I really like him.  Right now I am in Louis's room cleaning up.  He and Harry left in such a hurry that they didn't have time to clean up.  I figured it's the least I can do since they are letting me live here.  I've learned really quickly that it's super boring by myself.

I finally finish with Louis's room and just as I start to clean up Harry's room the doorbell rings.  I have no idea who it is so I am a little freaked out.  Everyone we know is either away or they know nobody is home.  I get my phone out of my pocket and call Louis.  As soon as he picks up I begin to frantically tell him what's going on.  "I am freaking out, Louis.  Someone's at the door.  Nobody is supposed to be at the door.  If they kill me no one will know for weeks!"

"Calm down.  Just stay on the phone with me.  Do you want me to turn around?" He's so calm which helps me remember to breathe once in a while.  They start knocking on the door and ring the bell again.  "Why don't you go see who it is before we both have a heart attack."

"Good idea.  I slowly walk over to the door and look out the window.  "Oh my god, it's my mom.  How did she even find me?  Maybe if I don't answer she will go back home," I say in a whisper.

He laughs a bit.  "You're going to have to face her eventually."

"I can hear you through the door, Jillian," I hear her say.  I cringe when she uses my full name.  No one else but her calls me Jillian.

"She knows I'm here.  I'll talk to you later.  Have a safe rest of the drive." I hang up and slowly open the door.  There my mother stands with way too much luggage and a smile on her face.  I try to put a smile on mine but I've never been good at hiding my emotions.

"Surprise!" She yells as she gives me a hug the walks into the house leaving her luggage in the doorway.  I grab her bags one by one and bring them inside.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I ask as I join her on the couch.  She's looking around judging everything she can get her eyeballs on.

"You didn't think I was going to let you be alone for Christmas, now did you?"

"Christmas is still 3 weeks away.  How did you even find the house?"

"Your friend Harry told me."  I'm going to kill Harry. "I'm here because I love you and I worry."

"You don't have to get all mushy, mom."

I order some food to be delivered and I tell her more about what happened with me and Henry.  I also let her know about my new job.  I guess I should keep my family more in the loop about things.  I know they don't agree with a lot of the choices I have made in life and I don't feel like disappointing them anymore.  I decide to leave out the fact that Louis and I are a thing despite the fact that pictures if us are all over the Internet and magazines.